Police assault inquiry begins...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Feb 21, 2004.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

2. MO!

Bumboy

pigs

are only there to keep the status qou and to serve and protect the establishment and the rich. The police has a habit of recruiting some right little charmers i.e. ****tards. It can be a well-paid career for a moron.

**** da police comin' straight from the underground....

Bumboy, Feb 22, 2004
  3. MO!

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I personaly think the police do a good job of protecting the streets. If you are polite to police officers they will treat you with respect and be nice back. You do get the odd twat of a cop but they are in the minority.

amazingtrade, Feb 22, 2004
  4. MO!

Bumboy

hmmmm protestors detained....

sniffer dogs in many London Tube stations

plans to infringe liberties further with anti-terrorist laws...

No, they are ***** and they system they serve is King of *****.

Bumboy, Feb 22, 2004
  5. MO!

julian2002 Muper Soderator

on the whole i'm with at on this one. i feel we're better off with them than without them. certainly the current system is better than an unconstrained anarchy. :D
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Feb 22, 2004
  6. MO!

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Personally some of the scum need a good kicking from time to time. People are doing their nut about this now, but in the past, it was the norm to get a good pasting in the cells if you was a bad lad, acted as a bit of a deterrent.

If you dont work yourself, then they dont bother you. Simple as.

PBirkett, Feb 22, 2004
  7. MO!

Bumboy

those legitimate protesters were not "working it" when they got harassed.

and as for the Criminal Justice Bill....

shite protecting shite.

Bumboy, Feb 22, 2004
  8. MO!

Bumboy

Are they the only 2 points? On and Off. Unconstrained anarchy and Police state?

I think we need more anarchy.

Bumboy, Feb 22, 2004
  9. MO!

Sid and Coke

You wan't to go and take a holiday in Saudi Arabia then you will know what living in a Police State is really about, Internal Security police, external security police, the police, the traffic police, religeous Police. There is 100% employment because anybody who doesn't have a 'normal' job is either in the military or the police.

The only reason you can say the things you are saying is because you have the freedom of speach to say them in our democratic and free society. This could only be acheived with folk like the police keeping law and order. The only thing that happens when there is total anarchy is that the strong and violonet people take advantage of the weak and poor. Take a look at any country in recent history ( eg post 'Iron Curtain fall' and all you see is gangsters taking advantage of the weak and the poor.

That guy was obviously being anti-social, violent, aggresive so why shouldn't he get a taste of his own medicine. He'll do alright out of it now, scumbag, I bet he can't believe his luck.

Sid and Coke, Feb 22, 2004
  10. MO!

julian2002 Muper Soderator

gary,
    the anarchy thing was a dig at one of your numerous past aliases - hence the smiley.
    most people want to live in a safe environment however in order to do so they have to give up some freedoms. if you want more freedoms you end up living in an inherently more dangerous society. those freedoms are not necessarily those that you are thinking of.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Feb 22, 2004
  11. MO!

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Yes he was, and he is also black. I have nothing against black people, but I can see this one coming, racially agravated assault... of course, it has nothing to do with the fact he was blatantly working his ticket :rolleyes:

All this political correctness does not get us anywhere. We need to wake up and smell the coffee, and stop pussyfooting around these people who will scream about racism whenever anyone should challenge their behavior.

PBirkett, Feb 22, 2004
  12. MO!

sideshowbob Trisha

I can't believe anyone can think it's OK for the police to give someone a kicking.

Bringing up the guy's colour is highly dubious rhetoric IMO, especially since if you're black you're probably more likely to get a kicking than if you're white.

I suspect this will turn into one of those periodic threads in which otherwise apparently reasonable people reveal themselves to be frothing at the mouth, aggressive authoritarians living in a fantasy world of "foreign" villain scum spoiling their otherwise idyllic Albion.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Feb 22, 2004
  13. MO!

PBirkett VTEC Addict

In an ideal world, they shouldnt have to, but it certainly is not an ideal world, and this is the only language some people understand. Perhaps if they get a kicking they will think twice about doing it again. Maybe not, but I am all in favour of violent criminals being given a taste of their own medicine, because at the moment, these people know they can get away with it.

PBirkett, Feb 22, 2004
  14. MO!

sideshowbob Trisha

What makes you think the victim of this beating was being violent? There's absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever, although no doubt the police will try and claim it (I have first-hand experience of this kind of incident, btw, on more than one occasion I know for a fact that policemen have lied in court to justify assaulting somebody who was offering them no violence in return).

Even if he was being violent, the police have a duty to act within the law (they are supposed to be the guardians of it, after all), and assaulting somebody isn't legal.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Feb 22, 2004
  15. MO!

Bumboy

I have to agree with SideshowBob on this one...

(never thought I'd hear myself say that).

Bumboy, Feb 22, 2004
  16. MO!

michaelab desafinado

and
    Totally agree.

Unfortunately, I suspect you're right :rolleyes:

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 22, 2004
  17. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

The view of it being a minority of police that are like this is wrong I suspect. Although the young bobby may join up full of good intentions (unlikely - probably after a chance to be in with those he/she can't beat), soon enough they'll slump to the scum levels of many of the police.

Yes, they may be "top bloke he is! Just doing his job" when you approach them one drunken night, but chances are they'll be twating some one else that same night!

And to say "if you're not doing anything wrong" etc etc.... is just daft. Who says you weren't? You? Against what? The word of officer dave and his 5 copper witnesses?

Yes we need them. But we need them to serve the law, not think they ARE the law!

MO!, Feb 22, 2004
  18. MO!

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

Interesting footage. I have missed a lot of the news over the last few days due to being busy. I saw all this on the BBC website & do find it they interesting.

The Police have a difficult job but they are meant to be super professional. TheY are there to fight crime, protect people & uphold the law.

Delbo King was drunk & disorderly & damaged a bus shelter. He tried to avoid arrest. He was done for criminal damage, disorderly behaviour and resisting a police officer in the execution of his duty. The footage showed him trying to walk away from the officers & doesn't show him to be too violent. If he was violent why was he not tried for ABH, GBH or a greater charge than resisting a police officer in the execution of his duty.

If he was shouting his mouth off & struggling then the Police should be able to deal with this. This sort of thing happen all over the country everyday. Having worked in clubs for a long time, I have seen police deal with situations like this. Both well & badly.

The footage shows him getting sprayed in the face. I don't know if this standard for Manchester but he was soon pinned down down by a number of police officiers. From here, he should have been carted off via a police car or van. Sticking the boot in a few times while you victim is pinned down does show something more sinister. They are not being very profesional plus they are trying to be above the law.

If Debbo had done it to a police officer, then he would have had a greater charge and punishment. ABH, bigger fine & maybe prison. The police officer should be no different if found guilty.

Paul, what has his colour got to do with it? Race wasn't mentioned on the piece on the BBC site. (I don't know what was said in the papers). What has political correctness got to do with it? The CCTV show the police holding down a man & a officer appearing to kick this suspect a few times. If you think that it's alright to kick any suspect & you think it's wrong for a black person to complain about bad treatment so be it. I don't.

I don't know if there was racist exchanges between the officer & Delbo King or if the Officer is a racist but that's not the main point. The officer undertook gratuitous violence & that is what should be looked at. He was caught in the act.

If the police can't handle situations that happen all the time then you got to question the quality of the police.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Feb 22, 2004
  19. MO!

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I don't think what happened in that incident was right, the police were out of order however I am pretty sure they were the minority.

I was out till 3:00am in Manchester on friday and as I was waiting for my bus there were some coppers on duty, I was very drunk but I had a good chat with them, they were cool guys doing a difficult job and ensuring that the general public feel protected. There is no way I would walk the streets of Manchester alone at 3:00am if it wasn't for the police being highly visible.

As for the racist thing well there are racist cops but there are also a load of racist teachers etc.

This may not always be true so don't want to offend anybody here but I have always found that if you really hate 'the pigs' then you probably have somthing to hide.

amazingtrade, Feb 22, 2004
  20. MO!

blogger

All I can say is I doubt if many of the posters have been on the s****y end of scumbags.
    I dont condone police beating up innocent bystanders ( this guy was'nt bystanding) but they have a difficult job dealing with all kinds of scumbag. Having been on the recieving end of such scumbags I salute the police and say more power lads - Kick the b******ds while their down!

blogger, Feb 22, 2004
Ask a Question