Police assault inquiry begins...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Feb 21, 2004.

1. MO!

cookiemonster

I suppose a 'scumbag' poses few difficulties for ones conscience as well. :rolleyes:

cookiemonster, Feb 22, 2004
  2. MO!

Bumboy

mayday soon...

at mayday you see a different side to the filth.

Bumboy, Feb 22, 2004
  3. MO!

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Would you like to share you experiences with the filth? You keep calling them but you don't seem to able to backup your claims. Surely you are not basing your opinion on what you have seen on TV or read in the trashy snooze papers?

amazingtrade, Feb 22, 2004
  4. MO!

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

do a search for " the battle of the beanfield in 1985" and youll see why i have little respect for the bastards

themadhippy, Feb 22, 2004
  5. MO!

notaclue

The police have a right to defend themselves but not to hand out summary punishment in the form of a 'good kick-in'. Punishment lies in the hands of the legal system.

Having said that, there was a deeply depressing documentary on BBC1 tonight about drunken violence in some UK towns. Arresting drunken/violent yobs is not easy. The police have a tough job etc.

notaclue, Feb 22, 2004
  6. MO!

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

The police should shoot drunken yobs - with tranquilizer guns. One way of saving having to train the police in brutalistic measures...

Yep, if you have The Levellers' "Levelling the land" you'll already have a good idead of that Battle of the beanfield - it's not pleasant. I've read articles in the papers of homeless people being pissed on, and other nasty acts that many police partake in.

Also, their followup work on my mugging, burglary, and catching the scum filth that assaulted my mate was, frankly, appalling. And most of this was a decade ago. I dread to think how bad their work is these days for following things through.

Not to sound like a racist here, but I wish the PC brigade hadn't prevented the police being able to list crimes by racial type; not because I think that white people are better than anyone else ('cos quite frankly, NO-ONE is better than anyone else), but it seems a bit odd that many times, you'll hear about the racial crimes inflicted on, say, asian or black people, but you hardly ever hear about crimes inflicted on whites. If that did sound racist, I ddn't mean it to, but it's not always whites perpetrating the racial stuff...

Oh - and the police look after their own! One rule for them and another for everyone else; my sister has to deal with loud parties in her street all the time (though in her warped mind, someone 15 miles away farting is too loud!) and the one time when it was the policewoman down the street causing a nuisance (not just to my sister either) when the environmental health and the police turned up, as soon as they realised it was "one of them", it's amazing how quickly they swept it under the carpet and left without doing anything.

domfjbrown, Feb 23, 2004
  7. MO!

Bumboy

And they still do that state policing now.. and we are heading towards more state policing...

I attended a party once miles from anyone on a secluded beach.. we had a crap stereo, a few beers, a very small amount of hash, and a rubbish bag that we were using! We were having a good time.. within an hour we had constant survailance from a police chopper and we were told to move on by police. We constituted an illegal gathering according to the Criminal Justice Bill. It's easy to believe that the police are jolly criminal catchers keeping us safe from harm; but in the real world they are only there to keep the societal status qou (peace), protect property, and protect the establishment and the rich.

It is at anti-war and anti-corporate excess demonstrations that the real nature of the policing machine manifests itself. They are not our police. **** 'em.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2004
    Bumboy, Feb 23, 2004
  8. MO!

Bumboy

9. MO!

THAT'S DRACONIAN! I'd have thought twice about those doobies and bevvies we had on one of the main beaches in Newquay (last month!) if I'd known they can be THIS mean about people having fun...

How many people can you have before it becomes an "illegal gathering"???

domfjbrown, Feb 23, 2004
  10. MO!

Bumboy

2 constitutes an illegal gathering.

However, wider ranging changes means police can harass those they believe might be planning or even looking like they might be trying to reach an illegal party.

Bumboy, Feb 23, 2004
  11. MO!

julian2002 Muper Soderator

says it all really.

perhaps the farmer who's field you're trampling has got fed up with the bank hassling him because a bunch of pikeys destroyed his crop.

perhaps the beach you were using was the only spawning beach for the lesser blotched sand crab

perhaps the beach you were using was private.

who knows. what is perhaps pertinent is that for the police to waste a lot of money 'harrassing' you with helicopters rather than just sending a beat car round means that they must have had a substantial amount of complaints about something.

i'm not much in favor of the criminal justice bill i think it's too open ended however it does come in handy when a bunch of inconsiderate twats set up a 10k system next door and won;t turn it down whilst you try to get some sleep.
    if that makes me establishment and one of 'the rich' (i'm not by the way) then your views on society are more screwed up than i thought.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Feb 23, 2004
  12. MO!

penance Arrogant Cock

I'm with Julian on this.

Last free party i went to was at Kilve beach. was a great laff, untill some twats started setting fire to a car on the beach.
    Obviously the police showed, and who can blame them. Who wants to visit a beutiful beach to look at a burnt out car.

I have had experience of the bad side of the police, its a tricky subject. We do need the police but we need to be able to trust them aswell

penance, Feb 23, 2004
  13. MO!

Bumboy

Perhaps you are just playing devils advocate.

Bumboy, Feb 23, 2004
  14. MO!

julian2002 Muper Soderator

not not devils advocate. more someone who can sympathise with those who have to live in areas that are invaded by 10's of thousands of townies out for a good time and have no idea of how to act whilst in the countryside. you know the people the law was created to protect.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Feb 23, 2004
  15. MO!

A0S

Actually although this doesn't relate to the current 'assult' case it does relate to the Criminal Justice Act.

I belong to a Pagan forum and on there we are talking about Stonehenge. Stonehenge is now open to the public on the Solstice But people who have been say their enjoyment has been spoilt by a minority of twits who think it's funny to climb, and damage the stones, interupt ceremonies etc. I am not a fan of the Criminal Justice bill but unfortunately it's this minority of twits who give the government justification for bringing these acts in.

So I guess I'm with Julian.

A0S, Feb 23, 2004
  16. MO!

Bumboy

People should be able to gather and be free. Discretion should be key to the new laws i.e. if no trouble is being caused, why intervene and harrass?

Great.. we live in such a free society that a gathering of 10 people on a beech miles from anyone, drinking beer, just being human and free is now a crime.

Bumboy, Feb 23, 2004
  17. MO!

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I've had little gatherings with friends in various places, and I have never been bothered by the Police, I think your blowing it out of proportion to be honest...

PBirkett, Feb 23, 2004
  18. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Just because you've been fortunate enough to not have had it happen, doesn't mean it doesn't.

It does.

Yes, the police can have a hard job (don't many people?), and they no doubt encounter idiots daily. But that's part of their job! They're meant to be professionals! Having spoken to "one of the good uns", about what had happened the previous night to me, the response was a little smile and "well they'd probably had a hard night, and you just got the brunt of it"............ Yes they're only human blah blah blah, but if they can't do their job properly! Get a f@ckin new one!!!

The police catch criminals, the law punishes them!

We need the police yea, and they've helped me in the past, and if I needed to i'd call them again.

It comes down to them expecting the lowest comMOn denominator, and treating joe public as such.

I used to be of the view "they're only doing their job", but having experienced and seen the way they act, it was THEM who made me lose respect for them!

MO!, Feb 23, 2004
  19. MO!

Bumboy

So parties are not allowed any time ever? Not even once is a while like most parties operated? Not even once in a meeny eeny weeny year per area? What a funny freedom we have. What a shit country.

Are you a............. nimby?

Bumboy, Feb 24, 2004
  20. MO!

Blimey - I can see why Neil kept calling them fascists then...

I side with Julian on why the law came in, but it's tricky; yeah, if you were invading someone's farm than that's out of order, but a beach in the middle of nowhere? Don't private beaches have to have signs saying "Private" on them???

As mentioned re Stone Henge - even at the micro stone circle at Glasters there are still blatant tools around. I guess if the stones are there, people WILL want to climb them. The only time I ever saw Stonehenge up close was in, must have been 1981, before they closed it off for years...

domfjbrown, Feb 24, 2004
Ask a Question