Police @ hififorsale....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MO!, Mar 16, 2004.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've just noticed this on the hififorsale site.

I recall people on here and several other forums mentioning being ripped off or something on there. Not sure if it's anything to do with this guy, but just in case it was.....

MO!, Mar 16, 2004
  2. MO!

SimonConnell

I went to HiFiForSale and couldn't find the original notice (if you've got a link that would be good), but I've sent an e-mail to that address with as much as I can remember about my 'dealings' with John.
    Simon

SimonConnell, Mar 16, 2004
  3. MO!

michaelab desafinado

I've bought one thing off hififorsale.com (NAD S300 amp, doing the deal for a friend of mine) and it was all fine however I have major reservations about buying stuff from there, especially if there's not going to be a face to face exchange of money and goods.

There's no checking or security whatsoever.

Michael.

michaelab, Mar 16, 2004
  4. MO!

SimonConnell

I agree, but we come back down to the lessons of internet trading:

1. If you can collect it, do so.

2. Ensure you have everything necessary to protect yourself in the event of a problem.

3. If you don't feel right about it, or it looks too good to be true, walk away - it probably is.

That said, if you stick within this you can get some real deals, especially considering recent eBay prices. Where it starts to get really suspect is dealing internationally - just because it's easy with PayPal doesn't mean its safe.
    Simon

SimonConnell, Mar 16, 2004
  5. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

The message is on this page

http://www.adverts.hififorsale.com/home.asp

I've bought one thing off there with no hassle. But had some problems when trying to buy some Audience 52s a while back. Sent cheque and (don't know why fell for it now), included £20 cash for p+p :rolleyes:

Turned out someone beat me to it, so he agreed to return the cheque and £20. Never seen it despite him assuring me he'd returned it. May have been legit, but with a name "killingsworth" I should have seen it coming!

MO!, Mar 16, 2004
Ask a Question