Poll on trade members

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lordsummit, Aug 11, 2008.

?

Should members of the trade include their interest in their signature?

1. Explicitly with a link to their website if possible

43 vote(s)
    59.7%
  2. Generically, ie 'purveyor of finest snake oil to overpaid muppets'.

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. No, it's the trade members decision

16 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. lordsummit

nando nando

WELL, now that is a point of view, i personally think that a forum is a format of diverse doctrine and to hear points of view from others, coments as such by other menbers should be taken with a pinch of salt, however everyone has i think the freedom to say and view the thread and make coments towards the main issue rather than personal, if you or any one who is new and do not understend this i suggest to waatch newsnight or lissen to my friend on LBC radio 5pm.
    no offence but we are all here to say and estate our points of view, after all this is a greart forum,
    nando

nando, Sep 12, 2008
  2. lordsummit

nando nando

quete

yes, steve, i agree is rather getting personal witch it should not, if you can read betwing my lines you will find my form of witttt
    nando

nando, Sep 13, 2008
  3. lordsummit

lbr monkey boy

fluke... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lbr, Sep 13, 2008
  4. lordsummit

Joe

'And I wonder if they'll bring back
    National Service and the Birch
    And I wonder, but I doubt that
    They will ever bring back the Watney's Cup'

HMHB 'Rod Hull is Alive: Why?'

Joe, Sep 13, 2008
  5. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

Your personal preferences are irrelevent to this thread.

The point is that the "considered replies of D Louth", whilst appearing to be coming from an amateur enthusiast, were in fact written by a man with a vested interest in promoting certain products.

I think that's dishonest and unethical behaviour.

The Devil, Sep 13, 2008
  6. lordsummit

nando nando

quote by stephen

the choice is yours but others have theirs, this is and will not be a narrow minded issue as i said everyone is entitled to what and read coment on these views, no one forces you to read them (sic)

nando

nando, Sep 13, 2008
  7. lordsummit

D Louth 77

Hi Mr Devil .

I have not done as you claim ever in anything i have written on this forum ,unlike others . And Nando i would perhaps not shout to loudly the saying Glass houses and stones pop into my mind .

D Louth.

D Louth 77, Sep 14, 2008
  8. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

Are you saying that you haven't in fact pretended to be just an ordinary enthusiastic amateur, when in reality you are a hi-fi dealer? That seems a strange position to adopt.

The Devil, Sep 14, 2008
  9. lordsummit

D Louth 77

No ,i have just been me ,an individual nothing more nothing less.

However this is old ground and frankly boring to me and probably everyone else by now.

D Louth.

D Louth 77, Sep 14, 2008
  10. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

Well, you might think it's "boring", but your conduct does beg a question: why did you omit to mention that you are a dealer? Large elephant in a small room....

The Devil, Sep 14, 2008
  11. lordsummit

stephen

Nando,
    Let me assure you I am a very, very long way from being 'narrow minded' - indeed that is a double edged sword and could just as easily be pointed in your direction and the question asked 'just why can't an individual decide what he wants to be on said forum?'
    Correct - no one forces me to read them - but your intention is to stop someone who has valuable knowledge from posting it in the first place. Show me a single post where it could be shown that D Louth has acted as a dealer on here and I will cease to comment, read or visit this forum. That do for you?
    Narrow minded? Take a look at your posting manner and posts.

stephen, Sep 14, 2008
  12. lordsummit

nando nando

the hi-fi industry created glass houses to their advantage to gain for them selfes and i will shout out loud and reveal certain things that most of joe public would love to hear way back from time began,
    nando

nando, Sep 14, 2008
  13. lordsummit

nando nando

me narrow, no mate i speak what i think, i do not hide or pretend to know more than others, opinions are for all to share, like in the human world "no human being is superior than another no matter of high power or otherways, humans only make themselves inferior" same as hi-fi, do you not think so?
    regards nando.

nando, Sep 14, 2008
  14. lordsummit

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

Like what? Spill the beans, I could do with a good read.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Sep 14, 2008
  15. lordsummit

nando nando

example, no names mention here , back in the late 70's when i used tork in retail in what was a very well known hi-fi retail shop dealing with most famous british and us, japanesse goods, a well kown member joined as ass. manager, not bothered too much on what was in stock nor what the salesmen where selling most as we had a vast amount of different manufacturers, he claimed and was a reviewer for a certain magazine, fine no problem, we thought, untill one day a very certain famous japanese amp was delivered to his name to be recieved by him only to the shop, sealed box outside the box was a letter for his attention, never opend the box, in the envelope apart from the letter there was a cheque, without any hesitation he wrote a 4 page review, ganing that amp a 5 star review,
    well,well,
    nando

nando, Sep 14, 2008
  16. lordsummit

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Nando,

This is hardly "i will shout out loud and reveal certain things that most of joe public would love to hear way back from time began".

Rumours like this are rife in this industry.

So who was it? What shop was it? What amp was it? What magazine was it? How much was the cheque? Who sent the package? Answering these would be more interesting.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Sep 14, 2008
  17. lordsummit

D Louth 77

If one is aloud to reveal things ? and Scidb seems to want a revelation okay .

Nando ,the glass house and stone reference was about you . And your lack of impartiality in regard To Musical Fidelity. You have a big bias and interest there . Most MF dealers are somewhat uncomfortable with this fact and it can be said that it leaves them with no flat playing field in regard to MF product.

It should be noted that i am not knocking MF kit ,its mostly very good and occasionally excellent ,but insider dealing(the term used in the Finance world)does cause an issue when representing a product. It makes ones bias/or lack of one open to question .Do you declare your very personnel interest in Musical Fidelity ? No ? then i think it rich of you to be quite so vocal in being critical of others ,if you yourself are not as transparent and clean as you seem to be sugesting you are.

D Louth

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
    D Louth 77, Sep 15, 2008
  18. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

How about giving the trade members their own room, where they can have a good old-fashioned slanging match? My MF's better than your Naim, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not.... Just a thought.

The Devil, Sep 16, 2008
  19. lordsummit

Purite Audio Purite Audio

I suppose it could be worse, Nando could be sleeping with Anthony Michaelson .

Purite Audio, Sep 16, 2008
  20. lordsummit

Bob McC living the life of Riley

has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?

Bob McC, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question