poor, poor Leeds...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by voodoo, Nov 10, 2003.

1. voodoo

voodoo OdD

...are on the hunt for a new manager again.

Looks like relegation's on the cards.

If only they had the wonderful Mr Ranieri and Roman :MILD:.

Now where's our resident Geordie :D :D :D ?

voodoo, Nov 10, 2003
  2. voodoo

MO! MOnkey`ead!

It's not been confirmed yet has it?

I can't see a new manager making much difference for them. Maybe he'll come in and a few good results (as did Reid), and pull them up, but the problem seems deeper than that.

MO!, Nov 10, 2003
  3. voodoo

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

As a lifelong supporter I fear for the safety of my club - relegation will almost certanly mean administration. We could be looking at a life of 2nd and 3rd division direness. That is a real threat . I hope that no leeds fans think that 'we are too big to go down' - 'cos we arent.

I've heard a couple of rumours - Eddie Gry back in charge (he took us down to the 2nd div last time iirc!) - And that we have some arabian investment bankers looking at the club (buy it cheap cheap right now) and giving the manager 10million for the team (as long as Peter Reid isnt the manager).

God, I hope we can turn this season round.

:confused: :( :( :( :( :( //lamboy

lAmBoY, Nov 10, 2003
  4. voodoo

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

lAmBoY, Nov 10, 2003
  5. voodoo

MO! MOnkey`ead!

£78 Million debt!!!

Oh well could be worse, Barcalona have £130 Million!

I think you're right about the "too big to go down" thing. I spend alot of time in east london and throughout last season it was similar with West Ham. Too many quality players, too many fans, etc...

And then if Leeds do go down, as with West Ham, the change of squad wont be subtle. Maybe the current Leeds squad could get themselves back into the premiership, but it wont be the current squad.

Blackburn v Everton tonight should be a good un!

MO!, Nov 10, 2003
  6. voodoo

michaelab desafinado

Maybe Abramovich can bring some of his pals from Yukos oil over to inject a bit of cash into the UKs failing (financially) football clubs :D

For any smug Chelsea supporters who think that Mr A did what he did for anything more than putting a bit of clear water between himself, Putin and dodgy dealings in Russia they can think again. It's his ticket to "respectability". Football? He doesn't give a toss.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 10, 2003
  7. voodoo

lordsummit moderate mod

You've got to watch out. As a Man City season ticket holder you can never say that you're too big to go down, and look where we ended. I was one of 32,000 that turned out to see us play Blackpool in Div 2. I really feel for Reidy, I think there are people at Leeds and who have left who ought to be really ashamed of themselves. Stand up Mr Risedale....
    Now would you like Mr Fowler back to help you out:JPS:

lordsummit, Nov 10, 2003
  8. voodoo

batfink

I'm probably not the resident Geordie you were referring to, but I'm the only one to respond so far;)

A 5-0 hammering - shows what money can get you. Roman will probably get bored next season and leave - and where will that leave them??? Looks like Blackburn a few years ago to me:( At least we're consistently good (well, almost!):p

batfink, Nov 10, 2003
  9. voodoo

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

A friend of mine at work told me he went to see the game (pompey fan before you ask) and said that some of the leeds supporters on the phone in after the match were well funny. Apparantly one Leeds fan phoned in and said "we got beaten today by a side who don't deserve to be in the premiership"!:D

davidcotton, Nov 10, 2003
  10. voodoo

MO! MOnkey`ead!

That's somethings that's been mentioned a few times now. Roman get's bored, pulls out, sells off to whoever and leaves Chelski with huge depts and a wage bill to match!

But thought you can't be 100% on what will happen, i'm sure Ken Bates and co would have amde sure sufficient things were signed to ensure that if Roman pulled out, they'd not be left in the lurch.

In the build up to his take over there was talk about certain government departments looking into the situation. I'm not sure what powers they might have, but i'd expect they'd have checked over contracts.

MO!, Nov 10, 2003
Ask a Question