Possibly LP12/Mission774/DL103

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by RickyC, Oct 21, 2004.

1. RickyC

RickyC

I haven't completely made my mind up what I'm doing yet (in hi-fi as in life!) but I am considering selling my LP12 and just want to see what the demand is for it.

It is a 30*** serial number (which I think means 1984). It has the Basik power supply. It has had the Nirvana upgrade and a service/set up done by a Linn dealer just a couple of months ago. It comes with the Mission 774 'original' - and possibly a Denon DL103 cart with less than 200 hours on the clock.

Cosmetically it is nice barring the lid (which I never use) which has a good few marks on it. The Mission and Denon are totally gorgeous!

Reasons for selling are:-
    - I need 45 rpm for my 300 12" singles that are sitting there screaming 'play me' (and not at the cost of a Lingo!)
    - In my loft room the floor vibration just doesn't go with the LP12 - whereas other decks (eg Rega) seem unaffected (and yes I know my crap Soundstyle rack doesn't help!)

The downside to any deal is that it must be picked up (or done via meet up) as I don't have packaging - and I'm in E Yorks.

Cheers

Rich

RickyC, Oct 21, 2004
  2. RickyC

RickyC

Deffo selling this now. LP12 and 774 'original' with or without the DL103 - please PM me with offers.

Cheers

Rich

RickyC, Oct 24, 2004
  3. RickyC

Lord .

If you don't get any takers consider splitting it up...

I got offered £900 for my old Kondek (Ittok, Cirkus, Lingo) but split it across 14 separate eBay auctions and got £1499 (less eBay fees!) for it!

For example, I believe that the Mission arm is a bit of a cult classic but people may not want the Linn to match.
    Also the market for Linn components is surprisingly large: I sold the plinth, arm, PSU, top plate, motor, outer-platter, sub-chassis/bearing/inner-platter, lid, armboard, hinges, etceteras and got more than a good price for each little bit. I even sold my Linn packaging on it's own and got just under the Linn rrp for that! :eek:

But above all go to your local supermarket and get some sturdy boxes and then get some polystyrene peanuts to pack it in so that you can post it. There is little point in advertising on the WWW if you expect people to drop by and collect.

All in my never humble opinion!
    :D

Lord, Oct 24, 2004
  4. RickyC

RickyC

Cheers Lord - makes sense. I'll get me screwdriver out if no-one makes a decent offer for the lot.

Cheers

Rich

RickyC, Oct 24, 2004
  5. RickyC

djdstone

Does that mean that I get first dibs on the 774? Any chance of some pics?

djdstone, Oct 24, 2004
  6. RickyC

RickyC

RickyC, Oct 24, 2004
Ask a Question