Power Amp Repairs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by The Moog, Jun 4, 2005.

1. The Moog

The Moog

Hi there guys,
    Well, I got home last night and noticed that one of the power lights on my MF XAS-100 was out. On opening her up, both the fuses on the out channel had blown, one of the resistors on the board looked a little blackened, and one of the mosfets looked to have leaked a little black smoke (leaving a nice little mark on the inside of the case) :(
    I can't get the black smoke back into it, so I guess that it is gonna require a service. I would send it off to MF, but a couple of years ago I changed all the caps for Black Gates, and I think they would be a bit funny about touching it now.
    My ask is this then. Can anybody advise me of a good place in the Herts area that I can get someone who knows what they are doing to have a look at it and get it running again? Maybe I am being a little protective, but I would rather have someone look at it who knows hifi well than the local TV repair guy... Cheers for the help!

The Moog

The Moog, Jun 4, 2005
  2. The Moog

Effem Cable manufacturer

Best bet is to ring your local hi-fi dealers and ask who they use for their in-house repairs

Effem, Jun 5, 2005
Ask a Question