Practical Hifi Show

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by GAZZ, Oct 19, 2004.

1. GAZZ

GAZZ

GAZZ, Oct 19, 2004
  2. GAZZ

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I'll be there - prob bring the missus for a day out (yeah right, like she really wants to go). Notsure if sat or sun yet.

lAmBoY, Oct 19, 2004
  3. GAZZ

GAZZ

I'm going Saturday lamboy

GAZZ, Oct 20, 2004
  4. GAZZ

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Unfortunately I'm being dragged against my will to an idyllic place in the indian ocean and won't be able to make this one. Oh well, **** happens....

I-S, Oct 20, 2004
  5. GAZZ

Chea Johndle Bizarre Serpent Foomaster

Isaac,

I hope you will NOT be sipping cool cocktails and eyeing up the local brown girlies whilst relaxing in this idyllic place.....

Regards

Chea Johndle, Oct 20, 2004
  6. GAZZ

maddog 2

You've not heard about the hurricane then......

maddog 2, Oct 20, 2004
  7. GAZZ

GAZZ

Oh yes hurricane Isaac

GAZZ, Oct 20, 2004
  8. GAZZ

Mark67

Never mind about Issac

Tagmclaren are going to be there and that's all that matters!!!

Mark67, Oct 22, 2004
  9. GAZZ

GAZZ

Do any of you guys want to meet up on saturday?

GAZZ, Oct 22, 2004
  10. GAZZ

Hex Spurt

Will be there Sunday morning.

Regards

Hex

Hex Spurt, Oct 23, 2004
  11. GAZZ

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I have been this morning, I have a hangover from a long night out yesterday (went to see the Zutons and Futureheads). I found it a bit boring but then I have been to this show for the last four years so it dosn't seem like anything new to me anymore. The only thing that seemed to impress me was the Henley designs show.

I suppose it dosn't help going to those places knowing you haven't got any more to buy anything.

amazingtrade, Oct 23, 2004
  12. GAZZ

I went today - it was an excuse to take the missus shopping in manc land - big mistake - parking took 2 hours (and it took me 2 hours to get there as well!)

In a nutshell - a great show if youve got 90mins to burn, after that and there just isnt enough there.

Plenty of shite multi channel DVD movie shit. The quicker multichannel dies the better - at least the quicker it melts away into Comet, Dixons land and dissapears from view, the better. Not one good demo. /rant about shit AV over/

Totem Forests on the end of exposure was boomy because the room was piss poor - but looking beyong that and they were very groovy (even the wife enjoyed em).
    ProAc D15 - very bass light but rather sweet at the top end. I didnt like em. It must be me but Ive never heard ProAc D15 do bass ever - yet loads of people/dealers/mags love em - I dont get it. I should listen to the D25s I guess.
    AudioVectcor (s6 i think) were something special indeed - even though all they played was plinky jazz and some nice blues - on the end of Naim electronics and I loved it!!!! (gawsh I never thought Id say that), but I didnt notice which Naim gear it was, so if anyone knows please post.

Overall, totem on the end of Moon stuff was the best closely followed by audiovector, then a poor 3rd was pro-ac (but top marks for all three for even showing in the first place).

The rest was shit.

rgds //lamboy

lAmBoY, Oct 23, 2004
  13. GAZZ

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

One thing I don't like about them shows is they always play jazz and blues but to a lot of people that isn't a real world situation. What if you don't listen to that stuff? Then a £2000 system that can play trumpets but sounds awful rendering a bass guitar is worthless.

amazingtrade, Oct 23, 2004
  14. GAZZ

amir

it will be good to you guys, every month one hifi show
    in iran we have no hifi show, enjoy soooooooooooooooooo

amir, Oct 23, 2004
  15. GAZZ

Dont worry Amir - at least you have Zerogain to help you along to sonic hapiness:)

lAmBoY, Oct 23, 2004
  16. GAZZ

GAZZ

I went to the Hifi show an Saturday, I was a bit disappointed on the whole as most of the rooms were for home cinema, with a few exceptions. In the Sugden room they had the Master class combination was badly let down by the Proac stand mounts. Proac room using the D15 using Sugden A21 cd + amp sounded good apart from the Bass being slow and slightly light. Exposure was using the new 2010’s into some Totom forest didn’t sound right the room was to small for the forests, but while I was there somebody asked for theTotom arrows to be put on which suited the room a lot better the sound then being quite good (for a show). The Cyrus Dynaudio rooms were poor (though lots of people were in the rooms so maybe I was missing something) not sure, which was worse the cyrus’s or the speakers. Moon had the best room using the Nova cd, 1-5 amp using the Totom model 1 sig stand mounts with Velodyne sub (would have been better without sub using Totom Forest imo). Inca + Pmc Gb1 sounded quite nice but not sure of the choice of music being played.
    The day was rounded off with the train breaking down.

GAZZ, Oct 24, 2004
Ask a Question