Pre amp with a twist

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by McShads, Aug 30, 2008.

1. McShads

McShads

Due to my room acoustics (boy have I tried to solve the problem with speaker positioning etc.) I need a pre amp with a balance control. To get a solid believable soundstage I just have to dial in a little balance adjustment.

So what pre's are there out there that feature balance control. CJ obviously springs to mind but after that I'm struggling. I'm upgrading from an integrated so can look at the pre and power as a complete package.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Budget say £2K-£4K new or S/H.

McShads, Aug 30, 2008
  2. McShads

scott_01

Accuphase C-2110? It was the C-2000 until very recently I think. Try audioworks in cheshire, or trawl for ex dem. There is a huge markup on the JP price so if you are willing to use a step down trannie then you could try:

www.hifido.jp.

That budget would get you an older but possibly much better 2nd hand Accuphase.

I've an E-212 integrated with bypassable tone controls and they have worked well when I've had cause to use them.

scott_01, Aug 30, 2008
  3. McShads

Tenson Moderator

Look out for a TacT RCS unit. It has all sorts of room correction goodies, plus its a good pre-amp and DAC.

Or the Behringer DEQ2496 could be added in your current system. It has room EQ, balance and a good DAC. I offer some mods for it that give exceedingly good sound quality.

Tenson, Aug 30, 2008
Ask a Question