Pretty hi-fi racks that can acutally "take the strain"!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Dynamic Turtle, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

OK, need your help here:

Got me a monster TT & isolation shelf and need something meatier than the 8mm glass rack I'm currently using.

Need something with 70Kg top shelf support, and capable of supporting circa 170Kg in total. Five shelves minimum.

Nothing hideously ugly please, though I understand that with these weight requirements, aesthetic qualities may be compromised somewhat.

Cheers,
    DT

Dynamic Turtle, Mar 29, 2007
  2. Dynamic Turtle

stephen

stephen, Mar 29, 2007
  3. Dynamic Turtle

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

If you were to offer me some money for my rack, it might be up for sale. It will easily hold several hundred kilos. It's not amazing looking... but not too bad. You can repaint it (or for a few quid I might do it). It's only 4 shelves, but I have an additional (currently unpainted) table (which can be converted to 2 shelves). Pics on request.

I-S, Mar 29, 2007
  4. Dynamic Turtle

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi DT.

I use a HNE Granite rack in AV width, effectively giving room for 6 components.

Strong enough to stand on.

AND!>...

given that it's granite and hardwood, you actually feel (for a change) like your hifi money is going into something that costs more than a couple of quid to make.

new website under construction: http://www.hne.co.uk/flashes/intro.html

bottleneck, Mar 29, 2007
  5. Dynamic Turtle

kmac

SOunds of Music do a range by Italian manufacturer called "Music Tools" which looks the business and has at least 12mm glass shelves which I think can take the load you mention. Only problem is I think they are about 250quid per level...

Apollo do 12mm glass shelf modular racks as well and they are faily reasonably priced - circa 100 quid per level I think. Was thinking of getting the latter myself

Check out specifications here:
    http://www.apollohifi.co.uk/

kmac, Mar 29, 2007
  6. Dynamic Turtle

Knightshade

Hello DT,
    Drop me a PM, I may have something you'd be interested in....

Knightshade, Mar 31, 2007
  7. Dynamic Turtle

joel Shaman of Signals

DT,
    Can't really help you with the rack (these are good and look very nice, but are also rather expensive).
    Your TT interests me greatly, however. Details and impressions, please!

joel, Mar 31, 2007
  8. Dynamic Turtle

4WD

I have an HNE granite AV rack which is sheduled for a sunday 9pm start on a well known auction site. Pure coincidence as it goes. They are very strong and extra shelves can be added whenever you need them.

4WD, Mar 31, 2007
  9. Dynamic Turtle

ClashCityRocker

I am using these acrylic E&T racks. Very strong and dead coupled with good looks. A dealer used to sell them in Singapore but I can't seem to locate the manufacturer on the web.

[​IMG]

ClashCityRocker, Mar 31, 2007
  10. Dynamic Turtle

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Check this out DT.

No-one could criticise granite and hardwood as a choice of materials to have in your living room. They are very very solid and immovable when assembled..just the thing. Just make sure you can pick up in person!

bottleneck, Mar 31, 2007
  11. Dynamic Turtle

sds84

I've just joined the group but as we are in the process of a house move my purpose made hifi rack is avaiable for any sensible offer. The glass shelves are made from 10mm toughened safety glass and the uprights are threaed steel rods set on metal cones.

Its very seriously heavy and formerly held my LP12/Ekos/Troika and active Linn system.

It can be seen sitting sadly on a trolley in the process of being moved at http://www.flickr.com/photos/15282501@N00/410547117/

It sounded awesome and was seriously good at keeping the system isolated from the sound that its contents were producing.

sds84, Apr 1, 2007
  12. Dynamic Turtle

4WD

HNE in zeropink classifieds now...

4WD, Apr 1, 2007
Ask a Question