Prima Luna Prologue 2

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by TonyL, Feb 1, 2012.

1. TonyL

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Up for grabs is my trusty Prima Luna Prologue 2:

[​IMG]

I've owned it from new so it is in truly immaculate as-new condition and has been absolutely faultless in operation, i.e. never blown a tube or anything. This is a fabulous sounding integrated and very versatile too, it can take KT88s, EL34s, KT66s, 6550s, KT99s and a few others I've forgotten, so it is an ideal route into tubes as it allows you to sample a fair few. It has a auto bias circuit, so no fiddling about with a meter or anything needed. It more than holds it's own in some very expensive company - I've compared it to many well respected amps and never found it wanting. I'm only moving it on as I wanted to buy a vintage amp, and that's largely due to collectability / aesthetic considerations, the PL2 was fine for me sound wise.

[​IMG]

It comes with it's child/pet-proof metal tube hat, power lead, packaging etc and I'll fling in a nice set of EL34s as I think they sound better than KT88s – I just prefer EL34s! The factory tube-set (pictured) has seen very little use at all as I tube-rolled often and early. Despite very little use (maybe 150 hours tops) one of the 88s made a little noise at one point, it seems to have got better though as I ran them for a few hours a month or two ago and they sounded great.

I'm looking for £700 firm for this amp, which is well less than half the price of a new equivalent. I'd far prefer the buyer to collect from me (Lancashire), though if they want to arrange a courier after any payment has cleared we can work something out there. I'm certainly not carrying it to the post office as it's bloody heavy! I'd also consider swaps / PX for a very good tube preamp with an inbuilt phono stage e.g. Conrad Johnson, Croft etc.

TonyL, Feb 1, 2012
  2. TonyL

RobHolt Moderator

I've heard this very amp several times and it really is superb.

Good luck with the sale Tony.

RobHolt, Feb 1, 2012
  3. TonyL

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Thanks Rob, looks like it's just found a new home. I'll be sorry to see it go to be honest, it's a cracking little amp.

TonyL, Feb 2, 2012
Ask a Question