Project 1 Xpression

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by GPC, Feb 11, 2004.

1. GPC

GPC

Thanks for all the input about turntables over the past month or so.

It has helped me come to a decision to the first turnatable i am about to own.

I have finally gone for the Project xpression at £190.00. It has won product of the year 2003 in what hifi and is at a decent price.

Now, ultimately i would like a rega p3 or an lp12 but these are way out of my price range to buy brand new.

I know i could probably pick up a rega planar 3 ( older than a p3) second hand for 200 quid but do you REALLY know how well this deck has been treated. No guarantee with second hand gear and as a vinyl virgin i think it is a safer bet to go 'new' until i know what im doing.

so many thanks to all who helped and if anyone has the Project xpression, what do you reckon of it.

egards
    Gc

GPC, Feb 11, 2004
  2. GPC

GPC

ps

does anyone know a good cartridge upgrade for this. Also thinking of using a NAD phono box as i have a nad c350 amp.

Any thoughts

GPC, Feb 11, 2004
  3. GPC

MO! MOnkey`ead!

By all acounts a nice little deck.

I use the debut 2 phono. It may not be the last word in quality, but it allows me to at least play the 50 or so records I own, and route through my folks stuff too. Can't fault it for that, I'm sure the Xpression wont dissapoint either.

If you're new to vinyl (I was returning to), then I'd keep it as it is for now and spend the cash on some of the black stuff before looking to upgrade. Or perhaps ask about a discounted upgrade at time of purchase.

I'm sure others will be able to advise better than me.

Enjoy though

MO :d

MO!, Feb 11, 2004
Ask a Question