Proper TT for sale on ebag

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by analoguekid, Jun 19, 2004.

1. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

analoguekid, Jun 19, 2004
  2. analoguekid

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

Interesting!

Simon Yorke turntables can be quite rare. he has made a few different ones over the years. The S8 dates from the mid 90s when they made 5 of them. They were then made to order.

I'm sure I have a heard a few of his creations at Hifi shows in the past and remember them sounding good. How they compare to the current competion, I don't know. Would it beat my current fave? I don't know.

Would be tempted to have a play, if the start price was cheaper. It may have some interest..

To read more about this & other decks, look here.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jun 19, 2004
  3. analoguekid

Darren

A second batch of S8 were manufactured last year for sale through the Audio Salon. Very rare item this - it isn't going to sell at that price.

Darren

Darren, Jun 19, 2004
  4. analoguekid

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Thats very high for a starting bid. I would have expected something lower to attract bidding.

Quite a system the guy seems to have. ART 3 way speakers, masterclass and simon yorke. Actually, I know that the Audio Salon sell all of these brands, so perhaps this is where it all came from?

Unfortunately I havent heard the Simon Yorke deck, which is a shame. I think the beauty of Simon Yorke decks and the engineering on them is truly world class. Has anyone had a chance to hear them?

Bub - your letting the side down, you could have heard these anytime in Glasgae!

bottleneck, Jun 19, 2004
  5. analoguekid

adam

Simon Yorke Lives in Murcia, Andalucia Spain and I met him christmas last year and heard the turntable,it was lovely,beautiful sound,if not my type of music,the price seems reasonable (I think)as I seem to recall it was 10K new.

adam, Jun 19, 2004
  6. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

Bottleneck was over at Bubs tonight and mentioed the simon yorke but hes happy with his ninja'd lp12 and so he should be loverly music playing from about 8 to midnight and he likes it loud, like I do, Oh and those ATC's really do, do bass, nice and fruity with plenty headroom.

Bottleneck the speakers the seller has are Art Impressions at £25k Simon yorkes are between £7k and £9k i believe, I will be listening to one of these turntables next week as Jack Lwason, Audio Salon has promised me a listen to it, and he is in the process of running in a pair of Gryphon Cantatas and I fancy hearing them together, although I want to hear those Impressions as I have their little brothers.

Bub if you read this before the auction is empty, you should bid on this TT you could easily sell it again if you didn't like it, It would go really well with your forthcoming mana.

analoguekid, Jun 20, 2004
  7. analoguekid

The Devil IHTFP

Blast! I missed it, never mind eh? ;-)

Good to meet you Paul. Don't worry, the ears should stop bleeding shortly.

The Devil, Jun 20, 2004
  8. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

What a shame it never sold, obviously the normal ebay sheep hadn't heard of this brand, the seller should contact Jack Lawson I'm sure he knows someone who wants one, well I actually want it, but have no phono stage and not enough records, oh and I don't have a spare £4k.

Bub have just started burning these CD's so will drop them in to your secretary on Tue, by the way the Buddy Rich one is superb, just gonna scout amazon for Dr John, thanks for a lovely evening, pardon dear what did you say?,, could y6ou speak up a bit, what was that about my ears, liked it loud mate, as you will see soon it's the way I like tyo listen, it's one of the reasons why Sugdens dissapoint me they just don't go loud enough, although have obly heard a21a and masterclass intgd, haven't heard Masterclass mono's. I have to add bub your setup is one of the roundest naim setups I have heard, I was impressed and BAGGGGGGS of bass, nice unsaggy bass, But I still think you need to Toe them in:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2004
  9. analoguekid

Robbo

So Paul,

When are you going to upgrade to ATC and Mana then? :)

Robbo, Jun 20, 2004
  10. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

Bubs system was nice, very musical, but it wouldn't be an upgrade for me, more of a (okay I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) sidegrade, Bubs system is nice musicla loud and bassy and does the Prat thing with ease, doesn't though do enough of the HIFI stuff for me to want to have as my main system, might ask to borrow it for partys though, and it does all the hifi bitsd better than any other "flat earth" system I've heard.

P

11. analoguekid

The Devil IHTFP

Yes, everyone likes the Dr John "Duke Elegant" CD, twas a present from the wise & good Duerden. If you can't find it, 'twill burn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2004
    The Devil, Jun 20, 2004
  12. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

Bub have just ordered these.

"Big Swing Face"
    Buddy Rich;Audio CD; £6.99

1 "Gris-Gris"
    Dr. John;Audio CD; £7.99

1 "Mozart: Requiem"
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart;Audio CD; £4.97

1 "You Had It Coming"
    Jeff Beck;Audio CD; £7.99

1 "Duke Elegant"
    Dr. John;Audio CD; £6.99

13. analoguekid

Robbo

Of that I have no doubt...

Shame he lives so bloody far away.

Robbo, Jun 20, 2004
  14. analoguekid

The Devil IHTFP

Glad you enjoyed those CDs Paul. I'm surprised you could get the Dr John, I thought it had been deleted.

Yes Robbo, it is a long way, but I recall some very dedicated zerogainers flying all the way to Switzerland(!). Anyway, my door is always open to the vast majority of ZG folk, should they find themselves up here & at a loose end.

The Devil, Jun 20, 2004
  15. analoguekid

Saab

Jeff Beck,what a top guitarist,highly underrated and overshadowed by Page and Clapton,but a great talent never-the-less

Saab, Jun 20, 2004
  16. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

We should maybe invite those that want to come up this way sometimes, you are also more than welcome, to mine, any who come up could hear two great systems doing similar things but different ways.

P

17. analoguekid

dunkyboy

Now that you mention it, Paul, (and I know it's terribly rude, so please excuse me) but I don't suppose I could come round some time for a wee listen to your very impressive system....? Pretty please? With a cherry on top? :D

I had a good listen to Bub's almighty system a while back and was very impressed. I'm a big fan of ATC actives, so wasn't terribly surprising. :) Would like to perhpas have had more time with the Ninja, though.

And you're more than welcome to come 'round Edinburgh ways for a listen to my humble system, though my room's a bit of a mess at the moment (is it ever not..? :( )

Cheers,

Dunc

dunkyboy, Jun 20, 2004
  18. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

Dunc even tho' you are from Embra you are more than welcome, house in the middle of decorating so should be ready in a week or so, bubs gonna come round and naybe you could come together and rip it to shreds, Bubs set his up not too shabily, don't you think, very very musical, and we lisrtened to some great sounds, Funny though listened to "La Villa Strangiato" and "The Camera Eye" both by Rush, and to be honest I prefer the Cd versions, although TT did sound good, especially alicia keys, highlight for me was Dr John and Buddy Rich, both especially Rich had wonderfull energy if only more recent musiscians could play like this.

Paul.

We should arrange something together and bring some of yer Cd's (i dont have vinyl), hows about it Bub.

19. analoguekid

dunkyboy

Sounds good to me - whaddaya say, James?

I'd be well up for a Saturday or Sunday of music-making sometime in the near future. :) I'm free most weekends and getting to Glasgow is easy enough.

Dunc

dunkyboy, Jun 20, 2004
  20. analoguekid

analoguekid Planet Rush

Saturday afternoons would be easier to get rid of Marg and the girls. Begining of July looking good for me.

Ask a Question