PS Audio PowerPlant P600 mains regenerator

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by NOS-4-A2, Mar 2, 2004.

1. NOS-4-A2

NOS-4-A2 Creature of the night

This is a monster from PS Audio. Rather than trying to filter the mains, this unit regenerates a pure sine wave from scratch. It takes the mains from the wall, converts it to DC and then synthesizes a precise voltage and frequency AC.

A full reveiw is available here.

The output voltage can be easily selected from the front panel between 220V and 240V and the frequency from 50Hz to 120Hz.

The P600 supplies up to 600W to 8 components - enough for my pre & power amps, CD, DAC, DVD, Sky+, AV receiver and plasma screen.

This is one of the latest units with the MultiWave feature allowing you to select a number of wave forms apart from a pure sine wave. It also has 8 US hospital grade sockets on the back - alowing the use of US plugs with no fuse to degrade the sound. (I have some spare high quality US sockets which I will include).

I am selling this unit with three Kimber PowerKords.

This is a big beast - I can only just lift it alone - so collection would be essential.

The P600 cost £3000 new and I would like a £1600 contribution to my valve obsession.

NOS-4-A2, Mar 2, 2004
  2. NOS-4-A2

Ya-Boo

I guess this is a US import right?

Ya-Boo, Mar 2, 2004
  3. NOS-4-A2

No, this is a UK model with the correct 240v input voltage.

It was specified with US Hospital Grade sockets for the output as US type plugs do not need fuses and I believe that this improves the sound (after all why have an expensive mains regenerator, cables, plugs etc capable of delivering 100A+ and restrict the current through a £0.01 13A fuse?).

I know most people don't have US plugs handy so I'm including 3 Kimber PowerKords terminated with US plugs plus a further set high quality US plugs for you to use on your favourite power cable.

Please note, in common with all PS Audio PowerPlants, this one can be switched (internally) to output 110v if you wish to use US components. I have never used this feature and the output is currently set to 240v. However, as far as I know, the input voltage is set at the factory and this one is set for UK 240v.

I hope that this helps to clear up any confusion.

NOS-4-A2, Mar 3, 2004
  4. NOS-4-A2

A quick bump before eBay

NOS-4-A2, Mar 5, 2004
  5. NOS-4-A2

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi Tom,

Im just curious what valve amps you will be getting/auditioning with the money from all this kit?

:)
    Chris

bottleneck, Mar 5, 2004
  6. NOS-4-A2

Hi Chris

I don't know yet - I will be emailing my friends for suggestions :) but Audio Research and Cary will be on the list. Of course I may be brave and plump for something from China...

NOS-4-A2, Mar 6, 2004
  7. NOS-4-A2

NOS-4-A2, Mar 14, 2004
Ask a Question