PT Export over Gyro SE??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by wolf larson, Apr 12, 2007.

1. wolf larson

wolf larson

Hi all,

I'm been thinking for some time about upgrading my LPT (advertised in the classifieds section) and am considering a PT Export GTI or a Gyro SE.

Would appreciated your advice and opinions. I love the Pink Triangle sound but have always fancied a Gyro and recently heard one which was impressive.

wolf larson, Apr 12, 2007
  2. wolf larson

Graham B

The one obvious advantage the Michel Gyro has over the Pink Triangle is that Michel are renowned for the excellent customer support for their product. I am a Notts Analogue user (Interspace), so might also be worth considering a Spacedeck.

Regards,

Graham

Graham B, Apr 12, 2007
  3. wolf larson

wolf larson

Good point, I did think about that. The Export I've seen comes with a new PSU and full service from Arthur at Funk carried out last year so it should be in tip-top order.

wolf larson, Apr 12, 2007
  4. wolf larson

anon_bb Honey Badger

Go for a new Funk V instead - they are produced by Arthur the ex-founder of PT. Apart from that the Export will smoke any Gyro completely sound wise but the problem is the build quality...

anon_bb, Apr 13, 2007
  5. wolf larson

hifienthusiast

The build quality of the Michell Gyrodec SE is absolutely superb. For me, it is a modern classic which will last and last, "asethetic and sound" wise.

hifienthusiast, Apr 13, 2007
Ask a Question