Qinpu A-1.0X Amp (mini-review)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by markabuckley, Apr 27, 2006.

1. markabuckley

markabuckley

OK - so it has to have the most naff sounding name ever (A-1.0X ??) - but after owning this amp for 6 weeks or so I thought I'd post a small review.

Well - to be honest I'm very very impressed. The RRP of this amp is 300 pounds, and I paid 220 for an ex-dem version.

Build quality is very good indeed - as good as the MF X-80 I had before.

Sound quality - its excellent- I've owned 2 decent hifi amps recently - a MF X-80 and an Arcam Delta 290 - and this amp comfortably sounds better than both of them. I could use all sorts of hifi-review terms, but the amp just sounds great - and has oodles of power - driving my Tannoy R3s with ease. Bass is a lot better controlled vs the MF X-80.

I'd be interested to hear from any other owners.

The only negative ? - well there is the brightest blue LED you have ever seen - its a bit like a search-light - but a bit of blue-tack cures it :)

In conclusion - IMO for the money it can't be touched, I think you'd really struggle to buy something as good 2nd hand for the same price.

Just thought I'd share my views.

Best Regards, Mark.

markabuckley, Apr 27, 2006
  2. markabuckley

zanash

You could add a variable resistor on the led to give you the brightness you want....just two solder connection should do it !

zanash, Apr 28, 2006
  3. markabuckley

zanash

oh thats what I wrote ....duh brain !

zanash, Apr 28, 2006
  4. markabuckley

mr cat Member of the month

its strange how it all turns out - I bought my nad c350 off you mark, then in turn you buy my MF x-80 from me which you later sell to buy your Qinpu A-1.0X Amp...

the guy who I originally bought the MF x-80 off also bought the Qinpu A-1.0X Amp and he's very happy with that! ;)

mr cat, Apr 28, 2006
Ask a Question