Quad vintage system

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by martinruth, May 23, 2009.

1. martinruth

martinruth

I need to raise finance to help out my daughter who has fallen foul of the economic downturn.So my beloved second system has to go.In recent years I have built up a vintage Quad system.I wanted to avoid modified units and acquire ones that had been sympathetically serviced etc.I think I acheived my aim .To my ears the sound quality is superb.I know Quad attracts the pipe and slippers critisicm comments but I suspect that some of this disappointment may be due to compatibility mismatching with other components.Anyway here is an opportunity to own a vintage Quad system where all the work of servicing etc has been done and be confident that years to come , other than valve replacements, very little if any work will be required for them.

Quad 11 Power Amplifiers - Both monoblocks were fully overhauled by Ted Gane of EFG (LONDON).in June 2008 and I can supply the original service invoice.I understand Mr Gane has been overhauling valve equipment for over 40 years and is a real old-school expert in his field. The Quad 11s have been meticulously overhauled. Work included the internal rebuilding of the TCC 16 plus 16uf smoothing capacitor blocks to ensure reliability and retain originality. Very few advertised 'serviced' Quads have this work carried out as it is expensive and time consuming. No modifications have been made to the circuits and they are working perfectly with no hum or distortion or
    other background noises. The amps have recently been fitted with AVO VCM
    tested original GEC KT66s with high emissions.Cosmetically they are in very good original condition bearing in mind that they left the Quad UK factory around 1963. The only blemishes, I would point out are some scuff marks to the paintwork on the rear long sides of the chassis, where they originally nestled side by side in an equipment cabinet.They come with all leads and adaptors to connect to modern units all purchased from Flashback sales/Quad

Quad 22 Pre Control Unit - the matching Quad 22 again is in excellent condition for its age.A peep inside reveals that the unit was serviced by Quad in 1995.I understand that the tape module was soldered in position as this was recommended by Quad for cd replay

Quad 34 - I know that the Quad 22 control unit is not highly regarded by some so I acquired a Quad 34 pre amp solid state.This was serviced by Quad in Nov 2008 and in addition the output to the power amps was adjusted to 1.5v to provide full compatibility with the Quad 11s.Service documents available

Quad ESL 57 Speakers - Serviced by Quad in 2008.A couple of panels replaced and the protection clamps fitted.Service documents available

I am looking for £1600 for the the system

These may not be the cheapest Quads around but they are totally genuine
    and unmolested and should not require any further expenditure for several
    years.

Not suitable for posting so collection or a mutually convenient meeting place

I can send pictures if you pm me your email address

martinruth, May 23, 2009
Ask a Question