Quadraspire Reference custom racks

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by jtc, Oct 23, 2005.

1. jtc

jtc

Custom as in special order non-cutout shelves (as my kit at the time would have fallen through the holes) in an oak finish, five usable shelves total (1 cut-out acrylic ref shelf, 4 custom oak shelves) plus two stabilising shelves and sets of spikes - all in, enough to make a two tier reference rack and a three tier reference rack. Also includes the QS backplate and arms kit for wall-mounting.

*edit* photo of my system on the QS Rack attached to show the colour and configuration of this bargain rack.

*edit* price redux, acrylic shelf sold (as a wallshelf) so it's 4-tier for £280+ or 3-tier for £250+.

Can post at buyers cost but will be pricy due to the weight of the shelves. Buyers welcome to collect, of course, from the central Scotland area, and demos welcome.

Email me at jtcedinburgh at my gmail dot com address and I can send photos which will give you a better idea than my description!

Cheers,

John

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2005
    jtc, Oct 23, 2005
  2. jtc

jtc

bump - added photo to show what the rack looks like.

jtc, Oct 27, 2005
  3. jtc

Steven Toy

bump so that you can tell me what you've replaced them with!

Steven Toy, Oct 27, 2005
  4. jtc

jtc

Well, Steven, nothing yet - my father-in-law may be in a position to build me a custom shelving system which will take up less space and also look a bit more in-keeping with the room (which you've of course seen). However, if I can't sell it as one lot I will keep some of it as an AV rack for the other living room.

jtc, Oct 27, 2005
  5. jtc

Steven Toy

I'm still amazed you want to sell it. You may be disappointed by its replacement in the performance stakes.

Steven Toy, Oct 31, 2005
  6. jtc

jtc

Steven, that I may be - but my wife wants a built in shelf which can also take some of our records too, and I am hoping to incorporate some of the better bits of commercially available racks into it - do you think my price is fair, as I expected more interest in what is one of the best racks available...??

jtc, Oct 31, 2005
  7. jtc

Steven Toy

I've seen single 4-tier racks w/o holes be sold at Audioworks for £300 so yes I reckon the price is fair. I'd say you were sustaining quite a loss though!

Steven Toy, Oct 31, 2005
  8. jtc

jtc

Price for 4-tier reduced to £275+P&P, or as a 3-tier for £250+P&P. Reference quality racks, better than Mana, fraction of the cost of a new QS Ref or stand of similar quality. Please get in contact if interested before I pop it on Ebay.

jtc, Nov 9, 2005
Ask a Question