Quantum QX2/4

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by monya, Dec 1, 2008.

1. monya

monya

Has anybody had any experience with these noise filters?* or success with any alternatives.

monya, Dec 1, 2008
  2. monya

D Louth 77

Hi Monya

As a specific answer to your question about the filter you ask about NO. However I can tell you from trying many others in various places and customers homes plus my own(I used to work in the hi-fi trade), the results will vary from location to location and depending on what the kit hooked up is. I have never had good results with any filter/mains conditioner/re-generator with amplification(power or integrated), I am not saying you can't but so far I have not. The sound ends up sounding sat upon.

I have tried Tri-cord, Iso-tech, Iso-late, Finestra, and a few others I can't remember the names of. There has always been a hit or miss aspect to this with either a big improvement, none at all/very little or things being worse. Bottom line you will need to get a home demo/loan on any unit and see what you think. Try front ends first and then pre-amps etc. It is worth trying amplification on its own but I doubt if you will get any good results(let me know if you do). Mains cabling is also important to try so if the company suggest something try it but have an open mind. IMHO mains cables are a safer bet and I have always found these types of cables to offer improvements. I use Kimber, Audience, Tci Boa Constrictors and Analysis plus all on different things but all work well. So far I have not bought a mains product other than these, as I feel the trade offs are to obvious even with something that works relatively well. Let me know how you get on, I would be keen to hear about your experiences.

Regards D Louth.:)

D Louth 77, Dec 1, 2008
  3. monya

monya

Thanks for that. I use a darTZeel power amp with the mains cord out of the box and haven't found a better one so far but will try Naim's powercord sometime. I tend to agree with you on filtration and am not using any. Quite like Missing Link mains cable and distribution block., which I use.

monya, Dec 1, 2008
  4. monya

D Louth 77

Hi Monya

Dartzeel very nice in deed . Only heard this stuff at shows but thought it was very nice. Yes a Naim cord might be worth trying I guess ( unlike the speaker cable and interconnects)I suppose it should work with other kit. I would love to hear Dartzeel where I live but the dealer I used to work for could not get into Regardo's circle of trust( Meet the family ref). The amount of business you would have to do is scary. With no help from him to do it, so we never did any. Pity as I quite like some of the kit he represents.

Anyway thats the past as I am now out of work having been made redundant.

Regards D Louth 77

D Louth 77, Dec 1, 2008
  5. monya

JANDL100

Roy Gregory (ed. HiFi+) demoed the Quantum unit at the recent London hifi show. RG thought it was 'night & day' - I couldn't hear any difference.

I have, though, had good results with a PS Audio P300 re-generator and the PSA Ultimate Outlet. Unlike some mains 'adjusters', I didn't think these sat-on the sound.

JANDL100, Dec 5, 2008
  6. monya

Colesey

I've previously had decent results with the Quantum Symphony pro and more recently moved onto the Hifi Tuning Noise Destroyers and Quantum plugs which worked even better for less £££. Feel free to PM me if you want more detail, cheers Mark

Colesey, Apr 21, 2009
Ask a Question