Question On Sp/dif ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Oct 23, 2010.

1. nando

nando nando

what i would like to if anybody outhere had any experience in practice not theory as i know the usage on dif ,"sony-philips," the question is having a transport or cdp with only "via rca coax" going to a deducted D.A.C. that upsamples to 192khz is the conpresion noticiable or does work well when using the dif playing normal cd's?
    thanks,

nando, Oct 23, 2010
  2. nando

Dev Moderator

:confused: What are you on about Nando?

Or should that be what are you on?:D

Dev, Oct 23, 2010
  3. nando

nando nando

like i said dev, a question was put to me by one of my customers, he has a cdp that has only an output that is rca sp/dif and wants to buy the m1 dac but he is confused that that partcular dif output may not work with a sepperate dac for 2 channel sound, the only experience i had with sp/dif is via home theatre based systems, never via an rca to a purpose built dac for 2 channel sound reproduction, i will not sell him the dac unless i can be sure it will work,

nando, Oct 23, 2010
  4. nando

nando nando

you get me bro.:)

nando, Oct 23, 2010
  5. nando

Alan Brown

I don't know if I follow you, but RCA S/PDIF will give you both channels. One cable is all that's needed between almost all CD players & almost all DACs.

Alan Brown, Oct 23, 2010
  6. nando

nando nando

thanks alan for the advice, went to the guys house with the dac, it works well also took a dedicated transport toa/b test ,the dif has cojestion factor where the transport sounded more open and detailed, still he bought the dac, thanks.

nando, Oct 24, 2010
Ask a Question