Quick update for "Three lunatics in the asylum"

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by titian, Dec 5, 2003.

1. titian

titian

Hi you lunatics,
    I just wanted to give you a quick update to your thread

I have sent all the units back and I kept my "old" Klyne even if it wasn't so clear as the others. A huge difference was achieved by using the "Valid point set" (3 cones and 5 disks, see next quote of GrahamN) from Walker Audio. These cones improved the clearness of the Klyne phono stage much more than when used with any other units I have. Since the Klyne had a very bad signal to noise ratio when using Allearts low output cartridge and since the tests with the Magic Diamond (MD) cartridge gave results beyond any expectations, I am now using the MD cartridge.

That monoblock broke about 20 days ago. I tried to fix it with Nestorovic on the phone but we found out that it was the main switch, which first was making a bad contact and then didn't make any more contact. So we agreed to send the unit to him in the States. He is first going to repair the unit and then replace all parts which aren't doing completely their job and then he is going to upgrade the unit. This means that he is going to replace some parts which today are made much better (f.e. capacitors) and also some wires.
    Today I called him and the switched was replaced. He noticed though that as soon as the unit has load it brings only half of its power and it clips very badly. So when I will get the mono block back I would expect it to be fabulous, better than ever. Tonight I am packing the other one and tomorrow it will be on its way to Nestorovic. According to him the units will not only be less distorted but also have more "punch": I will see.....
    ..and I am really looking forward to hear them driving this new version of the satellites.
    Then the last part to be changed will be the phono preamplifier. Nestorovic has just oder a (according to him) fantastic unit. Maybe if he is still very enthusiastic about that unit I will order it also, but not before 2005 and only if for that year my finance will be ok.

titian, Dec 5, 2003
Ask a Question