ra asa outcome

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Mar 19, 2009.

1. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

yes, thought the post about Bub was a bit harsh.

The topic of wire in plastic ... it's nothing worth taking personally... expensive wire or cheap - it's nothing personal.

Have fun, debate, no need for harsh words.

bottleneck, Apr 3, 2009
  2. zanash

D Louth 77

Hi Bottleneck

My comments about bub are factual and not harsh, they could be much harsher. I was being very restrained. Frankly it would not matter on what tropic was being discussed James is always true to form i.e. Mr negativity. My comments were born out of frustration about his continuing behaviour on the forum and not specifically about his well known views (though no one knows how he formed them) about cables mains or other wise. He can't leave it alone and let others have an open minded discussion in peace.

He is a schoolyard bully and ZG is his schoolyard. I have no issue with qualified discussion on any topic, rare if at all in James contributions other than we who hear what he can't are deluded or suffering from THE PLACEBOOOO EFFECT. It may just be the case that we are right and he is wrong. Just for the record challenging bad behaviour is seen as a positive by most faiths and none bub, and challenging a bully like you should happen.

I care about ZG and guys like you but it makes me very sad when I read the same old same old from James, who is entitled to his opinion but for once he could qualify it; share his wealth of experience and how he got his opinions but when asked he never explains. To paraphrase him, he felt it was a waste of time to explain himself to the deluded. How can anyone learn from his valid experiences, when he wont ever explain himself.

Its down to him that I can't be bothered posting here any more and I suspect that many others have voted with their feet too, and gone else where.

My response here was born out of total exasperation with him trotting out his usual diatribe....no explanation just deflection into his pat answers which are not answers but attacks masquerading as well once again read "Erm. Gravity hasn't been "explained". There is a theory but no "explanation". But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and no sniggering necessary. People might snigger if you denied that gravity existed.

The explanation for why people think they hear differences in mains cables is the placebo effect - they expect to, so they do. There has never been any objective difference shown."

Frankly this additional post is probably a waste of time on my part he won't change and I will continue to watch sadly from the side lines as a forum I loved has to put up with the above.

I had hoped he might rise above his norm, having been challenged about his behaviour on this forum,but no.....

D L:(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    D Louth 77, Apr 3, 2009
  3. zanash

spica

[​IMG]

Geraldine... what do you think of the new R.A cables i got you Ricky ?
    Ricky ... they're great geraldine, i feel like a new man :)

spica, Apr 4, 2009
  4. zanash

DavidF

Agreed,

I thought it very well written and well balanced.

DavidF, Apr 4, 2009
  5. zanash

DavidF

I have no problems with opinions, Paul....

Its just that they are a bit few and far between round here.

Instead you get sweeping "statements of fact"......

We ve already had one interenet bully here, as DL says.

Thank you very much.

Remind me where you live?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    DavidF, Apr 4, 2009
  6. zanash

vroomfondle

So another cable discussion ends up with with personal attacks against the non-believer. So why isn't that a surprise.

vroomfondle, Apr 4, 2009
  7. zanash

D Louth 77

Hi vroomfondle

If you check all the posts written by James (devil) you will see that what you say is not correct. James can be anything he wants to be and believe or disbelieve on any topic on this or any other forum, but what he can't be and should not be allowed to be is a bully. He is far from being a victim here, but the members who have been at the receiving end of his attentions are and so IMHO is ZG as a forum.

My comments are not a personal attack but rather a challenge to James on the way he conducts himself on this forum and to the owners moderation team who allow him to get away with it. Sadly history has proven that James will not change, nor will ZG pay anything but lip service in moderating his behaviour.

So its sadly a waste of time as I said same old same old.

I am sorry vroomfondle if you can't see that my intentions are not about opinion as opposed to behaviour. However in the case of James opinions are well known and he never explains how he arrived at them. That lack of information prevents meaningful discussion. And the way he presents his opinions as facts/truth are also hardly conducive to calm debate.

D L :(

D Louth 77, Apr 4, 2009
  8. zanash

vroomfondle

In my opinion they are a direct personal attack. You are trying to force someone else to alter what they say and do. Such is the tactics of a bully.

You could have made a far more constructive post than you did.

Pot and Kettle methinks.

vroomfondle, Apr 4, 2009
  9. zanash

DavidF

vroomfondle

I think you can not have read all the posts here.

DavidF, Apr 4, 2009
  10. zanash

vroomfondle

I have read all the posts and more importantly understood them. Zanash brings up a story about a court case which doesn't exist and others disagree with him. If you take off your Zanash tinted glasses then you may look at some of the comments that you and others have made in a different light.

vroomfondle, Apr 4, 2009
  11. zanash

Paul Ranson

South Northants.

Paul

Paul Ranson, Apr 4, 2009
  12. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

The fact is that different mains cables have never been shown to produce any audible differences in hi-fi systems. I suspect that you are still smarting from your drubbing in the god thread.

I am "positive" about many things - try me on ATC actives.

The Devil, Apr 5, 2009
  13. zanash

Paul Ranson

So, ATC actives, harsh, metallic, no bass and poor stereo?

Paul

Paul Ranson, Apr 5, 2009
  14. zanash

D Louth 77

In your dreams James.

During my leave of absence from ZG, I have watched and read and nothing changes with you. I suppose you must be true to the construct you work under now i.e. the devil. But how does it feel to be responsible for so many leaving this forum because they find it hard to post in an environment that can see them come under vicious attack from you, just because you feel they are deluded or victims of a placebo effect. You can't accept that many people can hear things you can't or perhaps you wont admit to hearing them because it would undermine the persona you work under now. A persona you have worked so hard at. Its a shame that all we are left with now is a bully that calls himself the devil.

Its sad that you James must behave the way you do. "To his nature be true"...and you are.

D L

D Louth 77, Apr 5, 2009
  15. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

What "vicious attack" are you referring to? Please post a link.

Paul, that's the 50s. The 100s sound much better.

The Devil, Apr 5, 2009
  16. zanash

D Louth 77

ZG is full of your handy work. I'll let the others speak now, as I have taken up to much of my valuable time on this.

Over to the members of ZG now.....

D L

D Louth 77, Apr 5, 2009
  17. zanash

RobHolt Moderator

I blame the PRaT-less SME deck myself, and everyone knows that old Naim pre amp is well past it.

RobHolt, Apr 6, 2009
  18. zanash

DavidF

I'll repeat for your sake....but not again;

My comments are made totally independently of Zanash. Its just so happens we see eye to eye on this subject.

DavidF, Apr 6, 2009
  19. zanash

DavidF

I've spoken all i'm going to too.

NO time for the usual merry go round stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    DavidF, Apr 6, 2009
  20. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

8 pages of drama though, kind of fun in a ''car crash tv'' kind of way!!

Some interesting points too I thought.

Much better than the old cable debates we used to have.

:) hey ho

bottleneck, Apr 6, 2009
Ask a Question