ra asa outcome

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Mar 19, 2009.

1. zanash

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Much ado about nothing, how are the speakers Chris?

Purite Audio, Apr 6, 2009
  2. zanash

zanash

Strange ...didn't think there was any dispute over the validity of the case ? must have missed something here ..its been widely reported .

the only thing in doubt is the validity of statments published in the custom installer magazine, which I initally raised. I have had no return email from them and now doubt that I shall as previously stated all inference made from this possibly false reporting must also be consider false.

Has anyone emailed the prof at southampton to ask if he viewed the research and if so were they his comments ?

or are you all too timid to try ?

zanash, Apr 6, 2009
  3. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Without wanting to (in any way at all) criticize the southampton proffessor, I'd like to see more evidence per se into the topic being researched - much as we would in any other industry.

For peer review, we really need more than one sole proffesor giving opinion.

Mains/cables and other audio devices are unfortunately not revenue generating in the manner of ...a new drug for example, and will never therefore (IMHO) receive the kind of rigorous study necessary to reach conclusions able to satisfy all.

It's a pity.

Unfortunately Russ's work on this matter through Ben Duncan doesn't seem to satisfy this, although any such study should be encouraged I feel.

Keith - I am having great fun with them. Experimenting with different amplifiers of different topologies and damping factors at the moment. Also trying a few different crossover types to ascertain personal preference. Great fun... which is what hifi should be! -

My friend called hifi 'a reclusive hobby' last night - and he is correct. There is a socio-phobic element to sitting in your own home for hours listening to music... but that does not stop me enjoying it!

bottleneck, Apr 6, 2009
  4. zanash

zanash

can't agree more ....

the fact that this was published should mean that you should be able to rely on the content. As it is it has no credibility unless some form of substantive comment or evidence [as the article suggested ] ....can be provided

I have in the last hour emailed the prof at southampton

to find out if he was the the one quoted and if so was the quote accurate ..

It will be interesting to see if I get reply.....

As I said before this more interesting than the original topic

zanash, Apr 6, 2009
  5. zanash

mosfet

Which professor exactly at Southampton University have you emailed?

The Dr Craig Sawyers mentioned in the now debunked article in Custom Installer is not a professor or lecturer at Southampton University. His only connection to Southampton University is he studied there. This, according to RA's PR consultant.

The outstanding issue is the “journalistic license†used by Custom Installer.

mosfet, Apr 6, 2009
  6. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

I think it's a bit much to accuse someone of "vicious attacks", and then run away (yet again) when challenged to produce an example of such an attack.

The Devil, Apr 6, 2009
  7. zanash

D Louth 77

Who's running away, not I. I have just finished with you, go have a fight with yourself.

D L

D Louth 77, Apr 6, 2009
  8. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

The last time you were unable to answer legitimate questions, you deleted all your posts and stormed off in a bit of a huff. What's different this time?

The Devil, Apr 6, 2009
  9. zanash

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Pete,

You need to try here. He left Southhampton Uni in 1981.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Apr 6, 2009
  10. zanash

D Louth 77

James...while you were the catalyst for those actions it was in fact ZG's failure to deal with your religious hatred and bully boy tactics that was the actual reason. Do you really think that I would do what I did just because of you...now who is deluded.

Frankly knowing what I know now about you, and your relationship with ZG I now realize I am wasting my time. You are a pathetic bully, no more no less, who always has to have the last word....go ahead knock yourself out...

D L

D Louth 77, Apr 6, 2009
  11. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm on the end of a brilliant postmodern joke.

First of all, you write an intensely personal attack against me, then you accuse me (baselessly) of "vicious attacks" against other people and being an online bully, and now I'm suddenly the bad guy.

It's either very funny, or it's very weird.

The Devil, Apr 6, 2009
  12. zanash

penance Arrogant Cock

Mr devil I fear it is the latter.

penance, Apr 6, 2009
  13. zanash

vroomfondle

So where was the court case? and who was it between? and what where the charges?

vroomfondle, Apr 6, 2009
  14. zanash

Corruption

There's always plenty of rockers on here, but nary a mod when you need one :(

Please play nice everyone. If you must argue don't hijack a serious thread to do so.

Corruption, Apr 6, 2009
  15. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

Ah well, here's an ace joke ..... told in the style of.....zanash...or..... DavidF

Why is there no mexican olympic team.... ?

..because any mexican who can run swim or jump.... is in the usa

The Devil, Apr 6, 2009
  16. zanash

DavidF

Don't go on, man

DavidF, Apr 7, 2009
  17. zanash

zanash

Having note had any reply from Custom installer...I emailed this morning to find out the state of play......

this is the reply I've just had ....

Hi XXXXX, following an investigation, we have uncovered that some parts of the article proved to be incorrect, we will be printing a retraction in the forthcoming issue,

Kind regards,

So you could say that I along with all the readers and editors of the mag have been duped ....

You will have to wait to find out in what context the duping was carried out ..but I'll be the first to let you know

zanash, Apr 7, 2009
  18. zanash

unclepuncle

Haven't visited the main forum for ages and after ploughing through this entire thread I've lost the will to live. Talk about 'same old same old' - even the quality of the insults off has gone downhill.;)

Bring back Stereo Mic - all is forgiven:D

unclepuncle, Apr 7, 2009
  19. zanash

lbr monkey boy

Smell my cheese you mother

lbr, Apr 7, 2009
  20. zanash

Phil Hansen

It is encouraging to see that some people have read what I said in my statement regarding Dr Craig Sawyers. But for Zanash (I have in the last hour emailed the prof at southampton) and bottleneck (Without wanting to (in any way at all) criticize the southampton proffessor), I will reiterate that Dr Sawyers is not a professor a Southampton University and Russ Andrews has not claimed he is.

Now, regarding the message sent to Custom Installer magazine by Zanash, the reply from them and the assumption that "So you could say that I along with all the readers and editors of the mag have been duped ...." There has been no duping of the magazine and I once again refer you to my original post regarding what was and wasn't stated by Russ Andrews. For your information, the editorial team at CI magazine have accepted that their reporting of a court case, legal proceedings, retraction of the ASA judgement and position of Dr Sawyers was inaccurate. I have seen the retraction to be printed in the next issue and when it comes out you will see that they have accepted responsibility for inaccurate journalism.

I will, once again, request that facts are checked before jumping in and making posts about these issues, and that the moderators of this forum might wish to reiterate that allegations made should be able to be substantiated.

Phil Hansen, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question