ra asa outcome

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Mar 19, 2009.

1. zanash

zanash

ok duped was a bit harsh ...but the facts in the article were wrong ? or did I miss something?

IF I had not asked the question ..no one would be any the wiser and many of the readers of that mag will still think that what was printed was in fact pucker 100% solid gold standard ...which we now find is not the case ...for what ever reason.

there is no excuse to go to print with misleading/wrong /inaccurate information ... [delete as appropriate]

So exactly how is one to work out that Dr sawyer is not what was stated in the article ...by reading the article ?

I might be a bit dim but ...I can't work that out ...

If it wasn't for mosfet [all credit to him ] we would still think that what was printed was correct.

No amount of shifting blame will alter the fact that I was misled by the printed article ...not by RA

perhaps if you've read the retraction you'd be good enough to let us in on the "secret"

I will freely admit to not having seen your inital post which clearly shows how far the magazine article got it wrong but don't shoot the messanger if you don't like the message !

zanash, Apr 7, 2009
  2. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

For what it's worth, I think for a newcomer to the forum your posts are coming across as ''strong-arm'' - and that doesn't help much..

Cheers,
    Chris.

bottleneck, Apr 7, 2009
  3. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

It might be more interesting to read what the organ grinder has to say about his magic mains cables, rather than belligerent remarks from the monkey. In particular - can people tell them apart from ordinary, non-magic mains cables, unsighted?

The Devil, Apr 7, 2009
  4. zanash

DavidF

Just re read through your post, James, and see if D Louth hasn't got a point?

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252758&postcount=94

DavidF, Apr 7, 2009
  5. zanash

anon_bb Honey Badger

No the SME decks have plenty of PRAT - it is all just external to the deck and has no effect on sound quality. ;)

I do find it funny when people who reject the cable religion have plenty of their own and dont seem to grasp the irony

anon_bb, Apr 7, 2009
  6. zanash

penance Arrogant Cock

Religeon is a crutch, or is that crotch??

penance, Apr 7, 2009
  7. zanash

SMEagol Because we wants it...

...Both if you're Prince. :D

SMEagol, Apr 7, 2009
  8. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

Nope.

The Devil, Apr 8, 2009
  9. zanash

zanash

Apart from the usual disagreements .....which at this point I feel could be put to one side ....

The Question for me now is why did the magazine print what they printed ......

Until we see any retraction or appology from the magazine we can not know why the article contained so many errors ....

It seems clear that the relevant information [wether that is actually correct or not is a different matter] was provided by RA's PR dept. There's also no doubting what people have personally experienced at these demonstrations and in there own homes......Which leads me to the conclusion thats its cock up rather than conspiracy ie another example of sloppy journalism. This of course is only my opinion and I wait to find out what actually happened with baited breath.

zanash, Apr 8, 2009
  10. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

As this one's died, I guess Russ Abbot has nothing to say on the subject of audibility, which is not very surprising.

The Devil, Apr 10, 2009
  11. zanash

DavidF

Interesting ..

I did smile..

I saw my brother an hour or so ago....he uses a MF/Spendor combo.

He mentioned that he'd bought a power conditioner, first for hs home cinema kit, then the above ......and noticed "quite a difference"...

I did think about you :)

DavidF, Apr 10, 2009
  12. zanash

The Devil IHTFP

This is to be expected ..

Placebo ..... responders will ......notice ...a ....difference. ..even if no ...difference exists..

The Devil, Apr 10, 2009
  13. zanash

DavidF

:)

Sooooooo predictable...

;)

DavidF, Apr 10, 2009
  14. zanash

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Like many of you i received last months RA catalogue. And like many of you I read the description of the peer review and read it as he was a professor at southhampton. If he is not then I can only believe that they specifically wrote that section to imply that he was such. I'm a professional copywriter by trade, if I assumed that then I can only assume it was written to make people think he was at the Uni.

The original BD investigation does not look at the audibility of distortion on the mains, and it uses 'synthetic' distortion. All it shows is that braided cables can reduce Emi pick up, this was never doubted, it was the audibility of this Eli that was under question.

Nothing has been proved here With regard to the effect of cables on distortion being audible, no matter how RA chooses to present it.

sq225917, Apr 14, 2009
  15. zanash

zanash

my final word on this thread .......is to point out that the magazine in there may issue have promulgated an appology for the misinformation published. It doesn't state who provided the information that was at variance to the facts ...as far as I can see. It does go some way to illuminating the issues raised.

those of you who are interested will no doubt be able to hunt down a copy of the mag .....

just goes to show that If I had not complained to the editor then nothing would have been done ......[I'm not aware of any other complainers but if there are well done too] My thanks go out to Mosfet without whom this would not have been possible ...good on you mate!

zanash, Apr 17, 2009
  16. zanash

anon_bb Honey Badger

It never ceases to amaze me how people decry one type of snake oil while espousing another.

anon_bb, Jun 10, 2009
  17. zanash

Mescalito

But, nevertheless, True.

Chris

Mescalito, Jun 11, 2009
  18. zanash

DavidF

Whats made you suddenly pop up with the old nonsense, Chris?

:)

DavidF, Jun 11, 2009
  19. zanash

Mescalito

I was merely agreeing with The Devils observation re. the placebo effect, David.

Regards,
    Chris

Mescalito, Jun 16, 2009
  20. zanash

DavidF

Fine .

Cables etc mean different things to different people, as we know well by now.

I would ask that the sceptics (shall we say) don't try to spoil things for other people....I have had a lot of fun experimenting.

Like I say, fashion is serously not my cup of tea but I don't discourage those who want to try new things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
    DavidF, Jun 16, 2009
Ask a Question