Radiohead

Discussion in 'General Music' started by MO!, Jun 25, 2008.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Anyone going to Manchester this Sunday?

MO!, Jun 25, 2008
  2. MO!

spev

yeah, looking forward to it - one of the bands I've never managed to catch before.

don't spose you know anyone who needs a ticket? got one spare here. Not asking face value for it, open to offers...

spev, Jun 25, 2008
  3. MO!

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I also have a ticket for sale, £42.50 plus recorded post - (or we can meet at the ground) PM me if anyone is interested.

lAmBoY, Jun 25, 2008
  4. MO!

scott_01

So then, what did you all think?

I went on Wednesday night to Victoria Park with a friend who is a really big fan. They played a very different set list to the Tuesday night by all accounts and included more crowd pleasers.

I don't have any Radiohead records and I know this may be sacrilege (sic) to some but they just don't flick my switch.

However, I thought they were really impressive. I was expecting a tight performance but they really seemed to put a lot into it and the music sounded so much better than I have heard it before. I can see why people get so enthusiastic about them now; although I think I'm a little way from that myself, I might even investigate a couple of their albums.

scott_01, Jun 26, 2008
  5. MO!

scott_01

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ran out of battery not long after.

scott_01, Jun 27, 2008
  6. MO!

it was excellent! but not as good as the kidA concert in Warrington a few years back.

A good time had by all :)

lAmBoY, Jun 30, 2008
  7. MO!

vicdiaz

Never heard them until yesterday night. Excellent band!

vicdiaz, Jul 1, 2008
  8. MO!

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Indeed. I've not seen them live since the OK Computer tour. Would love to see them again but just wasn't able to make it this time. Good to hear they're still on good form though.

ilockyer, Jul 2, 2008
  9. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Just about made it in time!

Ended up getting there just as Radiohead were starting so unfortunately missed Bat for lashes and MGMT. Did anyone catch them? Any good?

Was a bit weird having just turned up as they started. Didn't have time to get into the Mood of things, but didn't take long.

Really enjoyed it with a good mix of songs played, and the lighting and sound were spot on!

A big outdoor event like that has it's appeals, but prefer the atMOsphere in smaller/covered venues.

Went on to Liverpool with some mates after and found out my brother had got engaged the night before! Quite an eventfull weekend all in all!

MO!, Jul 6, 2008
  10. MO!

MGMT were OK (not my cup of tea) but bats for lashes were great. If you like Bjork, you'll love BFLashes!

lAmBoY, Jul 7, 2008
  11. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've had the bat for lashes album for quite a while and seen them live before in smaller venues where their stuff works really well. Would have been good to see how they transfer it to a bigger stage.
    Lot of changing about between instruments?

MO!, Jul 7, 2008
  12. MO!

I guess so, but didnt notice too much - why am I never tall enough at concerts?:)

I will be buying the cd soon, so they did their job well enough.

lAmBoY, Jul 7, 2008
  13. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Very good album. couple of tunes on there I'm not too keen on, but over all I like it a lot.

The MGMT album's also pretty good. Picked that up around feb/march and it's probably been played at least weekly since.

MO!, Jul 7, 2008
  14. MO!

spev

I thought bat for lashes were far too quiet (also missed mgmt). They were pretty much background music level where we were. Radiohead were fantastic I thought.

spev, Jul 7, 2008
Ask a Question