Re-clocking

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Murphydog, May 22, 2005.

1. Murphydog

Murphydog

I have just bought an old Meridian 207 to run through some M30s that I picked up recently. It doesn't sound at all bad but still a long way short of the 32.5/ AAA5 that I was using before. Which got me wondering about possible upgrades, I have a nos dac but, since I'm using the cdp as a preamp, I can't work out how to utilise that. But what about reclocking? Anybody tried it with Meridian? Any other recommendations for no-brainer upgrades? Thanks, Paul

Murphydog, May 22, 2005
  2. Murphydog

batemansxxxb

re clocking

never tried it ith meridian,but i now have a marantz cd63 mk2 ki sig with trichord clock4 and never connected power supply,also lots of changes to capacitors and op amps changed,phew what a difference,that much so i got rid of a naim cd5x and flatcap2 combo a few months ago as the ki wiped the floor with it :JPS:

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2005
    batemansxxxb, May 23, 2005
  3. Murphydog

rsand I can't feel my toes

I did it to a 206 delta sigma years ago. It was a trichord clock2 before the power supply was available. It was a worthwhile upgrade, I bet a clock4 and never connected PSU would be pretty major. My 206 at 8 years old outperformed the £1k cdp I was intending to replace it with, I had to spend a lot more to noticably improve on it with the copland.

rsand, May 23, 2005
  4. Murphydog

Murphydog

Anybody recommend the Lc Audio clock?

Murphydog, May 23, 2005
  5. Murphydog

batemansxxxb

clocking

i notice you say you're using a nos dac,net audio do that type of stuff,their clocks are pretty good and cheaper than trichord although trichord are better known and revered for their clocks the clock2 is a cheap upgrade

batemansxxxb, May 23, 2005
  6. Murphydog

bloatfish

rsand

Did you reclock the Meridian 206 yourself, or have it done elsewhere? What improvements did you find with reclocking?

I have a 206 DS myself, and would be interested in the mod, providing it was economically viable to have it done. I was also wondering what you meant by psu? Did the trichord come with a separate psu, which one can avoid connecting - how would the trichord then be powered?

Murphydog

How are you using your 207 as a preamp? Is this your only source, which is then directly connected to a power amp, or is it connected to a passive pre amp?

bloatfish, May 24, 2005
  7. Murphydog

bloatfish

rsand

Sorry, that should read as below:

bloatfish, May 24, 2005
  8. Murphydog

batemansxxxb

i had my ki modded incl clock fitting done by a guy who advertises on ebay-audioexcellence_0 the clock can either be powered by your cd players power supply,but for maximum effect they recommend using a seperate power suply,which there are two,the standard or the more expensive never connected,the difference using the latter is phenomenal,see trichords website for further details

batemansxxxb, May 24, 2005
  9. Murphydog

Murphydog

Bloatfish, I'm using the 207 with M30 active speakers. The 207 does offer other outputs. Advice on Pink Fish however would seem to be that this is one of the lesser Meridian players and probably not worth the cost of modding.

Murphydog, May 24, 2005
  10. Murphydog

rsand I can't feel my toes

I changed the clock myself, and the improvements across the board from memory (we are talking years ago here) Trichords clock2 the one I used is pretty inexpensive although the clock 4 is supposed to be much better. You have 2 options with powering the clock, you can power it as it is now or with its own dedicated PSU which is said to be a better upgrade than the clock. You have 2 choices of PSU from Trichord a standard one, and the more expensive never conected one. Wadia-maister or Isaac know much more about this.

rsand, May 24, 2005
  11. Murphydog

bloatfish

Thanks all - plenty to be going on with.

Not being technically adept, I'd have to investigate having someone do it for me.

bloatfish, May 24, 2005
Ask a Question