Recommended stereo shops in Singapore/Malaysia

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mr_Sukebe, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

I'll be on holiday in Singapore and Malaysia next month for a couple of weeks.
    Did strike me that it might be interesting to drop in to some local dealers to have a listen to some hopefully interesting kit.

I'm particularly interested in finding some upper end valve amp options (e.g. competition for the likes of Border Patrol).
    Got any good suggestions?

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 17, 2006
  2. Mr_Sukebe

Richard Dunn

The Chinese way (i.e. Singapore) is for all the people selling similar products to concentrate into the same market place or shopping centre. Basically because they want customers and don't mind competing. It is the opposite to the western way where we spread ourselves out and the last thing we would do is open a Hi-Fi shop next to another. We hate competition!!!!

So in Singapore you will find 90% of the so called high end dealers in one shopping complex. It is called the Adelphi at #1 Coleman St. Downtown near the government offices and the cricket club :) It has about 6 floors and has nothing but Hi-Fi.

Prices for British product about 20 to 30% cheaper than in the UK, I wonder why :rolleyes:

Richard

Richard Dunn, Oct 17, 2006
  3. Mr_Sukebe

nando nando

could they be clones? or maybe made there, ! nando

nando, Oct 17, 2006
Ask a Question