Recording of a large Orchestral Work!!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by skaloumbakas, Jul 6, 2005.

1. skaloumbakas

skaloumbakas

Hi,

'MEGARON' Music Hall in Athens-Greece has started a series of recordings of Greek Classical Music Composers and the works that 6 members of A.C.A. witnessed recorded, were composed by Manolis Kalomiris (1883-1962) 'TRIPTICHON' (composed 1936), Symphony PALAMIKI and "2 GREEK DANCES".

STATE ORCHESTRA OF ATHENS (ASO) was conducted by Byron Fidetzis. Musical recording assistant was Philippos Tsalahouris. The recording was performed by Themis Zafiropoulos and the recording team of the 'Megaron' Recording Center.

This is also an historical moment, since this recording session was the first official recording towards discography of the best and oldest Greek Symphonic Orchestra!

Read all about it in: http://aca.gr/event05-6_megaron.htm
    (extremelly recommended for serious audiophiles...)

Subjects included:
    • - About the Play...
      - The Recording Center Installation...
      - The Play & the Orchestra...
      - The Recording of the Orchestra...
      - 'MEGARON' Recording Equipment...

skaloumbakas, Jul 6, 2005
  2. skaloumbakas

PeteH Natural Blue

95 players? I thought you said "large orchestral", not chamber music. :) I see the Megaron facilities offer a choice of ATC or PMC monitors, just to keep everyone happy...

I must admit I can't think of any Greek classical music at all that I know - I'll have to try to do better.

PeteH, Jul 6, 2005
  3. skaloumbakas

skaloumbakas

Thanks for your feedback,

If you want to be informed 'properly', go at: http://www.bis.se/index.php?op=people&pID=556 (about the recent discography of the greater Greek contemporary composer NIKOS SKALKOTTAS).

The reviews from all over the world are enthusiastic about the value of the composer they ignored him and his performances until 10 years ago!!!

skaloumbakas, Jul 7, 2005
Ask a Question