Rega Ela Update

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by andrew1810, Mar 23, 2004.

1. andrew1810

andrew1810

Hello again all,

I got my new Rega Ela speakers yesterday and I must say they sound superb, still trying them out with different music.

Does anyone know the impedance of them (they are the MK1's I think) so I know whether to wire up to biwire or single wire at the Rotel amp, it says single wire 4Ohms and 8Ohms biwire.

I will be buying some banana plugs shortly so I can stack them to use my Supra Rondo biwire cable.

Thanks

Andrew

andrew1810, Mar 23, 2004
  2. andrew1810

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Why? They are single wire speakers...

Congrats anyway. :)

PBirkett, Mar 23, 2004
  3. andrew1810

andrew1810

I already had the Supra Rondo biwire cable from my old speakers and have been very pleased with it so didn't want to replace it.

It seemed a waste to leave 2 cables unused so I have ordered some stackable banana plugs so I can use the whole wire.
    The only problem is that to biwire at the amp the speakers have to be 8ohm, to single wire 4ohm and as they were second hand didn't have a manual.

Listened more last night and they are superb speakers, much much better than the 702e's and I feel they work very well with the Rotel.

Andrew

andrew1810, Mar 24, 2004
  4. andrew1810

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

He he - I told you they'd eat the Missions :)

Urm, I'd not worry about that biwiring stuff - just one single run to the speakers - you'll be losing loads in the stacked plugs otherwise - they should work fine as single wired off the Rotel.

I think they're 8ohms as well, but could be wrong. I believe they're 90dB efficient too :)

domfjbrown, Mar 24, 2004
Ask a Question