Rega Planar P25

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by JamesG, Jun 8, 2011.

1. JamesG

JamesG

For sale, my Rega Planar P25 turntable with light ash surround. I am the second owner, bought from an ex work colleague in 2007. A fabulous sounding deck that comes paired with the Rega RB600 arm in silver, which needs no introduction.

It's in very good condition, but worth pointing out that there are a few scratches on the back of the lid by the LHS hinge, plus the usual light polishing marks. The plinth and surround are in great shape with no dinks, and the same for the glass platter. The arm shows slight paint wear near the clip, shown in the photos below. Finally the arm lift works fine, but it doesn't clear the record fully, possibly due to the increased thickness of the platter on a P25 compared to lesser Planar decks. Or it may just need adjustment, which is something I haven't ever got around to as I don't use the lift.

18 months ago I replaced the belt with a genuine Rega item and at the time there was a (supposedly) limited edition white version available, so I went for this. No idea whether it's better than a normal one but it looks nice, and so it should at £19.

I also have the original box, packaging and instructions.

Finally, I have always teamed this deck with a Reson Mica MM cartridge, which I bought in 2007 by exchanging with an earlier Mica that I had been using.

http://www.moving-coil-cartridges.com/reson-cartridges.htm

The Mica seems to be an enhanced Goldring 1042 and these days costs a fairly significant chunk of cash. This one is in good condition and has plenty of hours left in it yet, but I have no equipment to really get in close to inspect the tip.

I'm happy to sell the turntable either with or without the cartridge.

Ideally, collection from Guildford but I could have my arm twisted to ship it within the UK subject to all the usual caveats regarding insurance.

So £425 for the turntable, or a nice round £500 for the whole package.

Here's some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JamesG, Jun 8, 2011
  2. JamesG

JamesG

A one time only bump before I list it over on eBay.

JamesG, Jun 20, 2011
Ask a Question