Regrets

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by griffo104, Oct 28, 2005.

1. griffo104

griffo104

Been doing some thinking regarding my hifi over the last month and done quite a few upgrades - in fact the most in the last 7 years.

In order to fund the upgrades I sold my 2 turntables - Michell Mycro and LP12.

Thing is I sort of regret selling the Mycro now. I'm chuffed to bits with the Orbe but I have this thing about going mono for mono recordings and the Mycro would have been perfect as the second deck - annoying thing is I could probably have got away with doing the upgrades without having to sell it.

Interested to see with all the upgrades we do whether anyone else out there has got rid of something only to regret it later ?

griffo104, Oct 28, 2005
  2. griffo104

Garmt

I have regretted selling my Epos ES11s once I heard them play in a friend's system. He got more out of them then I ever did. But I have never done an upgrade I later regretted, just wished I had kept the ES11s just for fun. It's a GREAT speaker...

Garmt, Oct 28, 2005
  3. griffo104

kennyk thecrossovernetwork.com

you could get michell to drill and tap some holes in the sub chassis (or do it yourself) so you can fit a second arboard where the motor is now on your orbe. budget arm and a mono cart and you'll never miss your mychro.

kennyk, Oct 28, 2005
  4. griffo104

Will The Lucky One

Regret buying my Marantz PM7000 for £300 brand new...not that its bad you understand, IMHO its pretty good for its price point, but I could have got something a lot better had I been willing to buy second hand/ex-demo. As Isaac told me at the time, but I ignored :rolleyes: :eek:

Will, Oct 28, 2005
  5. griffo104

griffo104

Hmm, do it myself ? Well that would be one way of knackering an Orbe.

thing is the Mycro also had a mint RB300 on it as well.

griffo104, Oct 28, 2005
  6. griffo104

mr cat Member of the month

i kinda regret buying the MF x-80 - not because it's bad (I just prefer the nad setup) - but because I lost alomost 60 quid despite owning it about 10 days... sigh..

mr cat, Oct 28, 2005
Ask a Question