Rehousing a DAC

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Will, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Will

Will The Lucky One

Greetings folks!

Been a while since I posted on here, glad to see the site still going strong, it sure has changed a lot though since I last posted :)

I have had an M-Audio Superdac 24/96 for a number of years now, which with a few modifications (from a certain Isaac Sibson if he is still around?) has served me very well, serving up a superb sound for the price.

Unfortunately during some decorating work last year both the DAC and its power supply were dropped down some stairs onto a hard floor, with the casing of both being damaged. The DAC still worked but obviously nows look a bit of a state.

I have obtained some good quality brushed aluminium cases, to house both the DAC itself and the PSU. After some pondering though I have realised my DIY skills to put the DAC in a new box are probably someone lacking. I have assembled the new cases and taken the DAC to bits, and started to put together a replacement toroidal power supply, but thats about as far as it goes.

Does anybody know of anyone who would be willing to do the hard bit?

The DAC itself is a single PCB, it basically needs holes drilling in the new cases for inputs/outputs, power connector, and something done for the input select and on/off switches.

Will, Oct 21, 2010
  2. Will

zanash

hi

if you want to pm me we can chat about the re housing

I've done similar in the past ...it really depends on the detail of what you want doing

zanash, Oct 22, 2010
  3. Will

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi will

We dont really see Isaac anymore. Perhaps he may show up again. People often re-surface every few years..

bottleneck, Oct 22, 2010
  4. Will

Will The Lucky One

Zanash, I was hoping you were still around, figured it may be something up your street :) I will send you a PM!

Will, Oct 22, 2010
Ask a Question