reluctantly,I need to eat my socks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Saab, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Saab

Saab

I said I would if I could get my rega Planar 3 to sound as good as my Sugden Cd21

I was told by wiser heads than me that I must not have my TT set-up properly,that I should learn this skill,and also isolate the TT properly

I said I would eat my socks if it comes close,even after all that farting about

so I'm having socks ala orange sauce for tea

its not better though,I can't define better,buts its different for the good for my tastes.On certain LPs,particularly Dylans The Freewheelin,Blowing In The Wind has a certain quality not matched by his greatest hits CD.And my new 30th Anniversary presssing of Dark Side Of The Moon is so good you could cry (compared to a cd).The bass at the start of Breathe sounds completely different to the CD.

oh well

Saab, Dec 11, 2004
  2. Saab

lordsummit moderate mod

Enjoy! What have you changed then?

lordsummit, Dec 11, 2004
  3. Saab

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

your lucky , you dont have *the bounce* to contend with.

rob, Dec 11, 2004
  4. Saab

Chris Jennings

The dark side CD was never a good one, those who haven't heard it on a good vinyl system just don't know what they're missing.

At least you'll have some good music to help wash the socks down!!!!!!

Chris

Chris Jennings, Dec 11, 2004
  5. Saab

Saab

Lordy

£100 Ortofon cart (530MrkII),RDC cones and a new phono stage,the new MF XLPS V3.I think its the MF that has made the biggest difference,but because I did everything at once I don't know what has done the trick (I always make that mistake),might have been the RDC cones,who knows

Rob,whats the bounce?

Chris,yep,some rare seventies metal LPs will get an airing when the family go out,many of which have never been released on CD

Saab, Dec 11, 2004
  6. Saab

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

saab , the bounce is what you get when youve tuned the springs on a suspended chassis tt.
    something im having difficulty with at the mo.
    sounds like you got yours pretty much sorted though eh?
    i know what you mean by doing everything at once and not knowing where the greatest benefit is comming from but its all good at the end of the day though eh.

rob, Dec 11, 2004
  7. Saab

Saab

I'm glad I don't have a suspended chassis,sounds like a bit too much hassle:) just a simple plinth and RDC cones under it.

Saab, Dec 11, 2004
  8. Saab

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

i know what you mean , i used to have a rega 3 a few moons ago and loved it. its a very good table for such a simple design and makes you wonder if all these springs and sub chassis and suspended motor boards are even needed in the first place.

rob, Dec 11, 2004
  9. Saab

Saab

suspended chassis,just a recipe for massive amounts of cash to be thrown at loads of mods,sounds worse than cars

can you get sports geometry settings,bumpsteer mods and adjustable leda for it? :rolleyes:

I think I will stick with what I know :)

Saab, Dec 11, 2004
Ask a Question