Replacement for Radio Shack 4 Channel Mixer?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SCMuseum, Feb 6, 2024.

1. SCMuseum

SCMuseum

Hello All!

I have been using a Radio Shack 4 Channel Stereo Microphone Mixer (31-1105A) to separate out audio from 4 track 1/4" reels. Recently it has started outputting a bit of a hum and occasional crackle so I'm looking into something newer. Everything I can find is overly complicated for my needs or low rated clone with a random company label.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something basic that won't wreck the sound on the way through? In an ideal world, I'd like RCA and 1/4" inputs on each channel, output of 1/4" L/R, four input channels, and individual volume control of each input channel. I don't need to be able to adjust how the audio sounds, just the volume/gain.

I've attached some images of the mixer from the internet as my camera was not working too well.

s-l160a0.jpg s-l160b0.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Thank you!

SCMuseum, Feb 6, 2024
  2. SCMuseum

Arkless Electronics

I doubt you'll find anything modern of the same format. Anything similar I can think of is from the 70's!

It should be little problem for a decent engineer to repair the one you have and even restore it to as new spec. I'm sure there will be plenty around in Canada.

Or it's the type of thing you've probably already seen ie small 4-6 channel mixers from the likes of Behringer, Mackie, Yamaha etc. These should do the same job and just as well even if they have a few features you don't need.

Arkless Electronics, Feb 7, 2024
Ask a Question