Resolution Audio Opus 21

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Garmt, May 31, 2006.

1. Garmt

Mike P

Hi Garmt,

At the moment I am using a T+A V10 valve integrated. All cabling is Townshend Isolda. It does sound very good at the moment but I think that the Opus will be a better system match.
    I am planning to change to the new OBX RW's at some stage when funds allow - they really are superb and are a big step forward from the R2's.
    My Opus 21 should arrive later this week; I will post findings in due course!

Best regards,

Mike

Mike P, Jun 12, 2006
  2. Garmt

Garmt

Great Mike, thanks!

Garmt, Jun 12, 2006
  3. Garmt

Garmt

Hello Mike, any findings? I have decided to go with the Resolution Audio Opus 21 as my new CD-player! It is however wise to avoid cables, amplifiers or speakers that have some leanness to them. My Mogami interlinks, Lavardin IT and Living Voice OBX-R2 are fleshing this player out just perfectly.

That's about the only thing missing in this player: it doesn't have the fat weight of some competitors. In naturalness of harmonics, spaciousness (combining a realistic staging without exaggeration with many room acoustics clues from the recording space, not the 'hall type' reverb of an Electrocompaniet EMC-1) and simply liveliness and musicality, this player has beaten all players below €4000 and comfortably above that.

Garmt, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Garmt

Mike P

Hi Garmt,
    Nothing as yet as the RA players are there is a delay in supplying the Opus 21 players from the importer. I am now expecting mine at the beginning of August. Have you actually bought one now or are you still running a loan unit?

Mike P, Jul 19, 2006
  5. Garmt

Garmt

I am just returning my loan unit on friday and have already ordered my own one.

Garmt, Jul 19, 2006
Ask a Question