Reson cartridge prices?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by JamesG, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JamesG

JamesG

Haven't posted for a while - been enjoying the music.

Back in June 2007 I bought a brand new Reson Mica for £230 from Resolution Audio, which I know because I found the receipt the other day. As I was curious I looked up how much a new one is now and was staggered to find it's retailing at £450!

http://www.moving-coil-cartridges.com/reson-cartridges.htm

I'm not sure when this price rise came in, but over 3 years an almost doubling in price seems very unusual. Anybody know why?

Secondly there's nothing on the DNM web site about the Reson cartridges - have they stopped working together??

JamesG, Nov 11, 2010
  2. JamesG

RobHolt Moderator

Hi James,

The DNM range are lightly tweaked Goldring 1000 series models and I'm 99% sure that the Goldring styli will fit. Call or email Goldring and I'm sure they can advise.

RobHolt, Nov 11, 2010
  3. JamesG

vincula

Have a look at Audio Note IQ-series while at it. They'll fit too and do sound gorgeous.

Regards,

Vincula

vincula, Nov 11, 2010
  4. JamesG

JamesG

Thanks guys. I don't think my Mica is worn out yet, but I was just looking to see if they were still available, as even back in 2007 there was a mystery behind the whole DNM/Reson brand.

I've since heard from Orgin Live (who's website I found this out on) that the rise is due to the weak pound. Not sure that accounts for it all, but I'm not close enough to these things to know.

Good to know it can be re-fettled when the time comes however.

Cheers

James

JamesG, Nov 11, 2010
Ask a Question