Retailers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Richard Dunn, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

You will have a very long gawp :rolleyes:

Richard

Richard Dunn, Nov 29, 2006
  2. Richard Dunn

Stereo Mic

Hugely entertaining as I believe any of your former dealers would confirm.

But now you have no dealers do you Richard? Curious that. I wonder if the rumour mill and this state of affairs are connected? I think we can all imagine the level of customer service you provide to people who you disagree with:D

Anyway, good to see you spamming for the TC site now. I understand you are unwanted on a number of TC boards due to your argumentative behavior. How strange. I can supply links to some of the complaints if any ZG'ers fancy a laugh:D Many thanks for those of you sending them in - keep 'en coming!

BTW, I take it this new amp that Chris really didn't rate has solved the RF issues I've heard about;)

All questions that need answering, as indeed is the question of why you feel the need to threaten to come over to my place and do some origami.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2006
    Stereo Mic, Nov 29, 2006
  3. Richard Dunn

johnhunt recidivist

richard

you are right . make something, sell it to someone and then after three years buy it back for the same amount you sold it to them for, when it's worth practically nothing.

johnhunt, Nov 29, 2006
  4. Richard Dunn

johnhunt recidivist

what does TV stand for?

johnhunt, Nov 29, 2006
  5. Richard Dunn

johnhunt recidivist

oh well - life was getting a little mike leigh

johnhunt, Nov 29, 2006
  6. Richard Dunn

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

:D

This is really funny guys - keep it up! Reminds me of the Bubb vs. Thorsten threads from days gone....

Dynamic Turtle, Nov 30, 2006
  7. Richard Dunn

Stereo Mic

He's probably nursing a paper cut this morning DT.

I do wonder if he has informed his local council that he is trading from his home address. Or if he has informed the inland revenue that NVA is trading from his back bedroom. Then there customs and excise...

Shame as he seems to be as twisted as the paper he is artfully working with.

Stereo Mic, Nov 30, 2006
  8. Richard Dunn

Chris

Excuse all. Are we trying to mend the world here ? In my opinion, Richard has helped me to improve my hi-fi for not a lot of dough. I know nothing of his amps etc but would suggest to anyone that they take advantage of his apparent complete lack of business know how and try his pathetically priced sound pipes and if you choose to, you can think - what a twat he must be because like many others do, he could have screwed me for 3 times as much for that kind of result and I would have been happy. The guy has something to offer those of us who wish to buy on a budget, why knock it just because he doesn´t follow the same rules as the rest. Vive la difference.

Chris, Nov 30, 2006
  9. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

I am fed up with discussing nva and its products on this list. I will only respond now to direct questions and will let other people comment on the company and products. Though I will say everything is legal and above board so the idiots can clutch at as many straws as they wish.

Anyway back to retailers and their behaviour (are we seeing some here on this thread?). They are feeling very threatened at the moment. Seeing turnover drop, less customer coming through the door, more and more reliance themselves on internet sales (any excuse to drop the price to keep their turnover up to meet retail contracts). We see the dying throws of the species. It will probably take 10 years evolution to kill them all off, or train them to new tricks. Who are the trainers - YOU! The customer should dictate the industry parameters. The balance between service and price is dictated by the market. They will have to change, it is the survival of the fittest. You never know some of the more skilled and technically aware ones will probably become bodgers, I am already seeing this trend. The valve and horn speaker market is leading this trend. I would like to join in with this hence my desire to design a solid state SET competitor. For anyone who took the time to read that thread you will see it is work in progress in the exploration stage. It is a completely different set of compromises, but it is fun. Almost as much as playing with you lot :rolleyes:

Richard

Richard Dunn, Nov 30, 2006
  10. Richard Dunn

johnhunt recidivist

Richard may be making and selling the best value hifi anywhere. If he wasn't such an all round charming individual and obvoilsy such an astute operator then i'm sure many here would be appluading him for it.

johnhunt, Nov 30, 2006
  11. Richard Dunn

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I thought it was very good - very transparent and made a great sound.

I just didn't think it sounded like my 300b SET amp.

Vintage horns like mine take a specific kind of amp to give the presentation that I'm after.

I suspect that I'm " too far down the road " of valve amplification (dacs/phono stages etc) to prefer alternatives.

The clarity, punch and detail of the NVA put me in mind of products by manufacturers like 'DNM' - which I think is another great brand.

bottleneck, Nov 30, 2006
  12. Richard Dunn

Stereo Mic

Ah but Dennis Moorcroft has a substantial business and no RF problems AFAIK Chris ;-) And dealers really do like him.

I must say I'm surprised ZG allows failures like this to send PM's like the following without a ban being forthcoming.

Is it OK over here now? Or should I take this to the police? how exciting!

Stereo Mic, Nov 30, 2006
  13. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

I have zero RF problems, I really do not understand where this is coming from apart from complete invention and lies. The old phono stage if you lived next to a transmitter (especially AM) like a taxi office or more mildly if a taxi was parked outside your house, used to suffer in those circumstances, but those old AM transmitters hardly exist anymore.

So just more self justifying bull****

Richard

14. Richard Dunn

Stereo Mic

No Richard, you have zero dealers. Do keep up ;-)

Stereo Mic, Nov 30, 2006
  15. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Real clutching at straws, once more out of context and selective. I don't publish PM's but if I did you would see the context and the humour. But I will give you a sentence to show the context. From him "I really don't need a lunatic stalking me thank you very much". This was in reply to my following up his offer to give me his name and address by PM so I could sue him for defamation. He then chickened out and used this statement as the excuse, so he got a bit of wind-up in return ;)

A classic example of the pot calling the kettle grimy arse.

It is quite funny really you can feel the heat and the anger emitting from this idiot, a heart attack seems iminent unless he gets control of himself. There is only one person he is harming and that is himself.

Richard

16. Richard Dunn

mr cat Member of the month

are you american by per chance..? - just you love to threaten to sue people.. :)

mr cat, Nov 30, 2006
  17. Richard Dunn

Stereo Mic

Bless you Richard. I assure you it's not just me sitting here with a smile on my face. You do appear to be clearly mentally unstable, not just to me either. Hence my refusal to provide my address. I think my decision turned out to be the right one in light of your subsequent spasms and hissy fits.

If that was your attempt at humour, might I suggest you get a proper job? Clearly the dealer community is going to touch your product with a bargepole in the future so I would suggest another field .

Stereo Mic, Nov 30, 2006
  18. Richard Dunn

MO! MOnkey`ead!

YAY!

Not had a good ol bitch fight here for a while.

:rolleyes:

MO!, Nov 30, 2006
  19. Richard Dunn

Stereo Mic

Richard's no one's bitch!

He has a black belt in Origami. He's likely to fold before too long.

Stereo Mic, Nov 30, 2006
  20. Richard Dunn

mr cat Member of the month

I thought it was egg foo young? :D

sorry rich, only jesting...!

mr cat, Nov 30, 2006
Ask a Question