REVEL M22-Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by scott_01, Jul 19, 2007.

1. scott_01

scott_01

Has anybody seen / heard these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:UK:12#ebayphotohosting

I've been thinking about some new speakers for some time to replace my Dynaudio Audience 50s.

I want a pair of stand mounts and want to spend a max of 1600 ukp. I've briefly heard the new Kudos C1 which were excellent. I'd like to get a proper dem arranged before purchase as they are around 1600 inc stands. However those revels look like good value and from a decent dealer too.

Any suggestions or other recommendations welcome.

Amps Crimson 640D 200w monos.

Music A bit of everything, except classical.

taste A bit of everything again, not massively keen on the traditional Naim sound at one end or overly warm on the other.

scott_01, Jul 19, 2007
  2. scott_01

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

bottleneck, Jul 19, 2007
  3. scott_01

bottleneck, Jul 19, 2007
  4. scott_01

scott_01

Bottleneck, cheers

scott_01, Jul 19, 2007
  5. scott_01

unclepuncle

Had the M22's - fantatsic speakers. The pair of M20's at Definitive have some damage to them (I enquired about 18 months ago). There is also a pair of M20 on hifiwigwam classifieds.

unclepuncle, Jul 19, 2007
  6. scott_01

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

thought they were both performa's all the ultima series had names not numbers.

sq225917, Jul 19, 2007
  7. scott_01

"However, these speakers, with their nearly cost-no-object approach to design, are aimed at the well-heeled crowd. So the company has now trickled down their technology with their Performa series, a more affordable lineup that includes the M20 along with a bigger, more expensive floorstander, the F30."

You are quite right.

The M20 appears to use the same drive units as the Ultima (which I believe are ceramic), hence the ultima connection I had.

bottleneck, Jul 19, 2007
  8. scott_01

Jimbo

Heard some Neat Momentums only for five minutes but the depth of soundstage was really good. It felt like i could have walked into the music.They used Linn amp, dont know what source. £1750 so a bit more but worth a listen. I'm looking for speakers roughly your price range too so do keep me informed of your demo's.

Have some MonoPulse 42a's on demo this week. Very much the sound of my existing speakers but more of it and i am sure capable of really good bass. Unfortunately my room is causing a slight boom which is clouding some of the other frequencies. Jim.

Jimbo, Jul 19, 2007
  9. scott_01

scott_01

Jim

I will let you know what I do. At the moment I am sorely tempted to take a punt on the Revels.

It is all I can do to fightback against the urge to impulse purchase NOW. My room is pretty small about 4m x 3m and it has lots of built in furniture too so the room placement features on the revels would probably be pretty useful too.

If you are looking for floor standers and have a reasonable size room (I would consider it if I had), look at what REGA are offering, their floor standers have always been V good IMHO.

scott_01, Jul 20, 2007
  10. scott_01

scott_01

Jim

I got the revels from Audiosalon,

I've just set them up but right from cold they sound great, Bill at Audio salon has had his pair set up for about 6 weeks and he thinks they are still breaking in so there is some way to go before getting a definitive opinion from me. However I'm sure I'll be keeping these, great speakers.

Vinyl is a bit of a revelation (surprisingly), loads more bass on my older records than I thought. I'll put some more down in a few weeks, any questions you can PM if you want.

scott_01, Jul 25, 2007
Ask a Question