Revel, Perreaux, Perpetual, Genesis

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by unclepuncle, Sep 25, 2006.

1. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Due to a complete lack of use (about 2 hours a week if I'm lucky) due to the neighbours I have decided to sell my hifi system and spend the money on upgrading my poor old Fiat Bravo.

Some really lovely kit which is now on ebay for one week, auctions ending next Sunday evening. I'm based between Northampton & Milton Keynes. The ebay auctions will have pictures, links etc, but if you search google you can find all the info and reviews you'll need. If theres anything else you need to know pm me.

Revel Performa M22 in Maple rrp £1800 Boxed in near mint condition with manual etc. Fantastic stand mount speakers especially if you need to have speakers very close to a back wall. They have a placement and treble control panel on the back which makes this possible. Genuine scale and weight, as good as most £2000 floorstanders, with tight extended bass, great imaging and soundstaging etc. www.audio-cinema.co.uk have a 2nd hand pair up for £1300 so this is a bargain and a very rare chance. In a totally different league to any £1000ish speaker you'll buy elsewhere (B&W, Monitor Audio, ATC etc), probably the only real competition to this is the JM Labs Utopia range. If you can collect I'll even throw in a £120 pair of dual pillar Target Stands (HR60) - sand filled. Postage by TNT next day for the speakers only is £40 (box weighs about 50kg).

Perreaux E160i Amplifier. rrp £2000 Finished in black and boxed in pristine condition with manual and remote. Superb and stylish 160w integrated - can be used as just a pre or power amp as well. Very dynamic and natural sound - again much better than the sort of amps you'll buy elsewhere for this money (Cyrus 8, MF X-150, A3.5, Naim 5i etc). TNT Next day is £15.

Perpetual Technologies P3-A DAC with Modwright Signature Level II mods. rrp £1200 Boxed as new with manual. Stunning DAC - loads of info, reviews on the web. Would even look and sound great with a Squeezbox 3:)

Genesis Digital Lens in excellent condition with metal remote and manual. rrp £1500ish Near legendary bit of kit which improves any transport/dac combination. Uses Ram buffer (Chord DAC64 copied this) to totally eliminate jitter. Does all sorts of other things as well, even tells you how accurate your transport is - just search google for reviews. If you use a DAC this is a must have. I'll even include a Black Rhodium Supermains 6 mains lead worth £30.

At £500-600ish for the pair, and coupled with a nice £400 transport (Meridian 200 or 500 perhaps), or even a nice DVD player or Squeezebox this would give you sound quality that is unbeatable for the money

Audiophile Base 2 Shelf rack Excellent condition. Fantastic equipment support very highly reviewed. Fully modular add as many extra levels as you need. rrp about £500 so this is a anothjer chance for a bargain. See ebay for pictures etc

Black Rhodium PSF1 8 Way filtration/mains distribution block. Superb mains block really improves sound and picture. rrp £330 and only 2 months old boxed as new.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2006
    unclepuncle, Sep 25, 2006
  2. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Bump

unclepuncle, Sep 26, 2006
  3. unclepuncle

MG_CAR

Items for sale

Are all the items only for sale on ebay.:latte:

MG_CAR, Sep 28, 2006
  4. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Yes - the auctions are all well under way and end on Sunday evening. Loads of pictures, links to info and reviews on all the listings.

It's becoming very very difficult to shift stuff privately at fixed prices on sites like this or hififorsale unless you really give the stuff away. Ebay, I'm sad to say, seems to be becoming ever more dominant.
    Cheers

unclepuncle, Sep 29, 2006
  5. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Auctions end on Sunday - bargains to be had.:)

unclepuncle, Sep 30, 2006
Ask a Question