[Review] Behringer DEQ2496

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jimbo, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Behringer DEQ2496

Had this for a week now and just a mini review.

Zanash kindly came over last week to set it up with his microphone to sort my room acoustics using the auto pink noise adjustment to get rid of a huge bass hump. It has given the music so much more weight, dynamics and presence to intruments and for me it's bigger than buying a new amp or source and even speakers. The singers and bands are closer to you in the room almost a live feeling.
    It must get better than this but how much i dont know. You can run a dac of it to. If you like equalisers and you have a room issue then you will like this very much. Jimbo.

Jimbo, Oct 28, 2006
  2. Jimbo

DavidF

DavidF, Oct 29, 2006
  3. Jimbo

MacReady’sShack Rattling shuddering LFE.1

I'm positively thinking about installing several DEQ2496 for the home cinema soon, to correct the little timbre matching errors and to tighten up the sound. Thou bass traps would commonly address most in room frequency errors, where the EQ is used merely as an essential tool.;)

MacReady’sShack, Oct 26, 2007
  4. Jimbo

rollo

The DEQ2496 IMO is good at best and has a singnature you may or may not like in the upper freq. and midrange.
    However for bass correction only it is an amazing device. IMO it is best suited for bass correction. More affective than any room treatment for bass that I am aware of.
    You will be pleased with the results. Good luck.

rollo

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007
    rollo, Oct 30, 2007
  5. Jimbo

Mr_Sukebe

I'm going to answer that "it depends".

In my old flat, it was invaluable to quell a massive 40hz bass peak that the room introduced.

However, the new room is a LOT better, and here I've found that despite using it purely within the digital domain (and only a light manual override) that it really can mangle some of the other frequencies.

So, depends upon the room, how much you need correction and the quality of the system it'll be used in.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 30, 2007
  6. Jimbo

Antony

Using the analogue input it's pretty poor, but through the digital input it's not bad at all. Rough round the edges and lacking refinement though. Good for the money.

Antony, Oct 31, 2007
  7. Jimbo

cooky1257

I'm currently using an XTA 226(tannoytdx2) as electronic xover and must say am stunned by how good it is(at £2k each they should be!)incredibly transparent and very flexible, the para eq helping sort out a slight bass/room issue and 'perfect' allignment for my DC's.Never going back:)

cooky1257, Nov 10, 2007
Ask a Question