[Review] Kef 103/4..a listening pleasure

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by starkiller, Jul 19, 2007.

1. starkiller

starkiller

Kef 103/4..a listening pleasure

have had some time to finally listen to these since i picked them up in trade for a pair of kef c-45's and snell E/III. what a difference!! very sweet sound but at the same time a very much "there" sound. and i can retire my sub for the time being till i get something alot better as i could hear no difference with the sub being on or not.

nice soundstage, good pinpointing of instruments. all in all a superb speaker. music used was vangelis/antartica....collective soul/self titled...al stewart/year of the cat...pink floyd/dsotm...rippingtons/black diamond.

only thing i might try is to see how my adcom sounds in place of the crown power base 1.

starkiller, Jul 19, 2007
  2. starkiller

banpe2006

I picked up a pair of 104.2 for a snitch a while back, and theyre great....theyve made my other speakers redundant for the moment.....they have a smooth sound which is quite open....Ive heard others dislike these, but for the money (less than 300 quid) they really are a bargain. How many drivers in yours?

banpe2006, Jul 19, 2007
  3. starkiller

starkiller

its the uni-q design with dual woofers

starkiller, Jul 19, 2007
Ask a Question