[Review] LCD Television

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by wolfgang, Jul 9, 2005.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang

LCD Television

Sony Wega F1.
    It has to happen. After 10 years of many wonderful nights my 28'' Sony Wega CRT has another cardiac arrest. Actually it was its third. The man in white coat came quickly but on this occasion one quick look he said it was time it should be allowed to rest in peace. He said it will be too pitiful to try to resuscitate it as it will need major organ transplants that may not even be available anymore.

The CRT was one of the firsts among the true flat widescreen TV. The wonderful reproduction picture was in my humble opinion never improved upon even after all these years. They appear to be getting bigger in the front but one suspect it was with artificial enhancements.

So with a heavy heart approached She-who-must-be-obeyed and seeking permission for a replacement. After some search there appear to be one clear choice. It is the Panasonic TX-32LXD500.

Panasonic
    I have a secret. With each year these new slim pretty models are looking increasingly attractive. I have been trying to seek for excuses to replace the old faithful. Most of us price all round preformances but fidelity above all else and in these respect she was incredible. It was therefore with some apprehension during the search and I was sceptical how well are these new models will cope. In terms of looks they seems to have everything going. Especially the slim wrist line but what about the real substances where it counts? After a few nights it seems there is no need to worries. In one word WOW. Size may not be everything but it is definitely better. Need to scamper now. I will try to return occasionally to tell you a bit more.

wolfgang, Jul 9, 2005
Ask a Question