[Review] Musical fidelity KW SACD

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by hsam, Apr 2, 2006.

1. hsam

hsam

Musical fidelity KW SACD

Has anyone heard this player? Is the rumour truth that it has a problem with the transport system?:rolleyes:
    I use to have a Sony scd 777es player an spend £££ on it because of problems with the spindle/sledge etc.I dont want to go though that again.I know that the sony and the MF dont have the same transport system.

hsam, Apr 2, 2006
  2. hsam

hsam

Just got the KW sacd indoor.What a player......:d)

hsam, Apr 8, 2006
  3. hsam

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

Lucky Man, ...From the reviews I've read, it's supposed to be a really good machine, although the RRP is a bit to much for me.
    The only bad point that I have heard raised..is that the CD tray is very cheap, and just made of plastic. Which is something you would expect from a £20 DVD player, and not a HI End CD/SACD Player ! However I haven't heard that it has any problems

Just out of interest, what were using before ? I'm running the 3 X V3 MF Units XDACV3,X10V3,XPSUV3.
    They were a big improvement over my last unit Pioneer Precison "Tom Evans Mod".
    I've improved the sound again, by simply changing the cheaper internal wire over to 99.99% 0.5mm Solid Silver Wire (Thanks Zanash). Anyway I'm going off the subject again, is there any chance of a more detailed review?

STELLABAGPUSS, Apr 8, 2006
  4. hsam

hsam

Hi!
    Before the KW sacd it was a sony scd 777es then a MF 3D then a A5 and last a maranzt sa 8400.I also have a KW 500 amp and some small quad 22L speakers all cables are from MIT.

hsam, Apr 8, 2006
  5. hsam

ErikfH

Hsam, could you tell how the A5 compares to the 3D?

ErikfH, Apr 10, 2006
  6. hsam

hsam

Thats i tough one.I will always love the midrange on 3D.Those nu-vista valves are very good.But i will go so far and say the A5 is Alot better that the 3D.The bass,the top,and the voices on vocals are more (in your face).Where i think that the 3D is bit in the background with vocals.
    I have now had the KW sacd for 4 days.Nothing comes close to the vocals on this player.(well i think)

hsam, Apr 10, 2006
  7. hsam

AlanB Audiophile

I agree with the verdict on the A5. I have had mine upgraded with a Trichord Clock 4, Never Connected Power Supply plus upgrading of the main capacitors and rewired phono comnnections. I've never heard anything to touch it. Previously owned Unico, Tom Evans Eikos, Meridian G08, Theta Transport/DAC. Really nothing appraoches the modofied A5.

AlanB, Jul 26, 2006
  8. hsam

hsam

Sounds good,my old Sony scd 777es was upgrade at audiocom.Sold it because i had to many problems with the transport/TOC error.
    Maybe i should get the KW SACD upgraded??

hsam, Jul 26, 2006
  9. hsam

falconer

Hi. I am considering the Trichord upgrades on my own A5 CDP.did you send it to Audicom or carry out the Mods yourself

falconer, Aug 4, 2006
  10. hsam

nando nando

3d

th mf 3d is an icom, the a5 is good but does not commpare with the nu-vita3d, that player is mgic to music, the only other source that i use as well is the kw25 transport and dac. nando

nando, Sep 28, 2006
  11. hsam

nando nando

a5cd

hi faconer don't bother, there is a couple of things i can get done to upgrade it , amongst is a great interconnect by LAT ic 300, total control.regards joseph"nando"

nando, Sep 28, 2006
  12. hsam

nando nando

kw transport

hi hasam, there is a problem with the kw transport, if it seases to work no work can be done to restore it, as transports are no longer available,sorry.nando

nando, Sep 28, 2006
  13. hsam

nando nando

Kw Sacd, If Anyone Have A Problem With This Player There Is A Mod That M.f. Will Do To Get It Right, All Is Not Lost, M.f. Will Renew The Problem I Hear At No Cost,regards Nando.

nando, Sep 28, 2006
Ask a Question