[Review] proac responce 2 s loudspeakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by mickm, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mickm

mickm

proac responce 2 s loudspeakers

just thought i would mention these speakers , one word stunning ive been round the block with speakers keff refrence 3.2 , ruark crusaders , audio physics virgo 2 , zinglai overture 2 ,QLN signatures , apogee centuar minors , sonus faber signums just to name a few all good in there own right but the proacs just sound so right , they equal the virgos in my view for a holographic sound stage , have transparency that equal the best but do so with very smooth detailed highs , mid range equals that of the zingali horn loaded driver but do so with seemless coherance with the treble and bass , talking of the bass you would not believe it from such a small speaker very tight and musical full of inner detail not the deepest but low enough for resonable sized rooms and better than alot of floorstanders ive heard , best of all they sound good with all kinds of music which is where most of the listed speakers fell on their arse very good with some types and certain recordings but ear muffs on for others , they are very amp friendly a 8ohm load and around 88 db so work well with solid state and valves , the most musical and fit and forget speaker ive owned or heard to date , must use target r stands to get the best and they dont come up often but treat your ears if you get the chance to listen to them a friend owned a set of proac responce 3.8 and did not feel short changed when he heard the 2 s he even commented that they were better in certain areas like coherance and staging ,

mickm, Feb 29, 2008
  2. mickm

rollo

A truley classic speaker line. The real deal in tone. Tone is where its at sir and as you noticed they deliver in spades. Great for smalll to medium rooms.

rollo

rollo, Mar 1, 2008
  3. mickm

mickm

proacs

you have hit the nail on the head , you can buy speakers that have more detail , better bass , but the tone as you say is near perfect they just let you keep on listerning to music with no fatigue , i my view thats what its all about , forgot to mention they also offer real space and atmosphere in spades cut right through to the recording without being analitacal , cheers mick

mickm, Mar 1, 2008
  4. mickm

Golden Master

I will look out for these. I've been thinking about trying the new Response D Two - has anyone heard these? Is there meant to be lineage back to the original 2s?

Picking up on what rollo said about rooms - I'm listening in a small room in which my Proac Studio 100s are well behaved. With similar driver and box size, I'd be hoping that the 2s or D Twos would also work.

Golden Master, Mar 1, 2008
  5. mickm

Joelsim Joelsim

I have to say I have some ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signatures and they too sound fantastic with pretty much all my CDs, even ones that sound decidedly dodgy with my other speakers, Dali Ikon 6.

The Dali's are fantastic speakers too but just different, more mellow, whereas the ProAcs are faster, more fun.

Joelsim, Mar 13, 2008
  6. mickm

TheMooN

TheMooN, Mar 13, 2008
Ask a Question