[Review] SAC Glowmaster KT88 Power Amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Johnj, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Johnj

Johnj

SAC Glowmaster KT88 Power Amp

I had the Glowmaster in my system for about a month now. It has replaced my Gamut D200 mk3 which was a really good power amp but I perfer this.
    I think what makes this so special is the individually hand wound transformers and perhaps the balanced circuit.
    The Glowmaster is a big heavy unti 28kg It has a total of 10 valves so guess cost for replacing valves will be high.
    The Glowmaster has sounded good from day one but my apprication of it has grown I do not see many true high end bargains but certainly would class this unit at £1700 as a Bargain.
    I can only compare this to my Gamut that I lived with foir a few years. A great amp capable of taking on many a fine amp that is more costlier.
    The Glowmaster has tremedous headroom ecerthing is wider and deeper. I am able to really hear individual bass notes clearer. More setails and more harmonic depth which I find really pleasing to the ear. Notes on piano music have more body its like you can hear the edges of the note as well. I guess its more about its musicality.
    For me if you looking for a great power amp thats more than capable of taking on units costing 3 times its price then this is a no brainer.
    For me I am just simply enjoying the music and feel very happy with the unit

Johnj, Feb 8, 2008
Ask a Question