[Review] silver flake fluid , cryo'd- like walker extreme SST

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by peez, Jul 26, 2007.

1. peez

peez

silver flake fluid , cryo'd- like walker extreme SST

OK, first ever review, ordered a pot of stuff that has a virtually identical spec to Walker extreme SST from a guy on ebay in America.
    Basically a tiny pot of fluid that contains millions of miniscule silver flakes that have been stuck in the deep freeze. I bought it from this man, as he charged $43 usd including postage as opposed to the £120 Uk price as a) I am poor b) sceptical.

System is Sugden A21a, Micromega stage 4, Technics SL12 , OL arm, sumiko cart, GSP gram amp 2 and Sonus Faber Concertino's.

I painted the tiny tiny amounts required on every connection from the wall socket, to the speakers, including cartridge tags and ALL the connections inside my CDP, including fuses and board strip connectors. I used the 'dregs' in the lid rather than dip the supplied paitbrush into the pot and get too much on the brush.

I have recently beeen listening to my friends upgraded system, Nu Vista M3 integrated, Classe CDP , Chario speakers Basis cables etc etc,

My CDP sounded a little muddled but not bad before, but nowhere as good as my Vinyl.

After treatment, images spread much much more, instruments such as piano and strings sound much more lifelike,
    on zeppelin, all the instruments can be followed seperate to the vocals, drums are tighter - in short, the cheapest huge upgrade I have heard, the sound is transformed, you would think it was a new 'something' in there.

just thought id pass my thoughts on as for £21 its mental value,
    I bought it from this bloke if anyones interested:
    oooh_my_god

oh, and it arrived in a week, i know this sounds like an ad but this sh*t really worked in my system, gonna treat my friends soon, not sure if the results will be as dramatic but lets wait and see.

peez, Jul 26, 2007
  2. peez

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

micronized silver contact treatment can be knocked up pretty easily, you can buy 25 grams of the raw silver for $50 and then just mix it with a v-small amount of electrically conductive solution, dexoit etc to make the paste.

someof the ready mades out there are mixed with organic oils, read veg-oil and the trouble with those is as it dries out you lose the improved electrical contact. i recently read a review from guy who said after six months of use he wiped and removed it from his connections and it sounded better without such was the degradation that had taken place.

worth knowing about.

always worth cleaning your connections first, and then trying the silver stuff afterwardsto seperate out what was cleaning effect and what was silver effect.

sq225917, Jul 27, 2007
  3. peez

peez

cool, I will keep an eye on sonic changes, am impressed so far i have to say, apparently it fills all the little dimples in metal surfaces so they mate properly to form a good contact,

i have to say the results over the past few days keep getting better, the difference is quite staggering at the moment so will keep em peeled, or whatever you say for ears. :)

peez, Jul 27, 2007
  4. peez

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

Is this anything similar to stuff absolute sounds peddled in the late 70's called Cremolin (spelling?) - recently found I had some still and cleaned and put on the pins on the valves in my new preamp (shall reveal soon) and bingo definitely helped?

larkrise, Jul 30, 2007
  5. peez

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

Larkrise, I remember the stuff you mention, it might have been called Cramolin (a not e but could easily be wrong). As I remember it was sold as a contact 'enhancer' but was not actually conductive itself i.e. no metal flakes or particles. A product called Tweek was another one I think.

YNMOAN, Jul 30, 2007
  6. peez

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

That's the stuff - works very well! yes - a contact cleaner and enhancer, two bottles one red to de-oxidise and the other to preserve

larkrise, Jul 30, 2007
  7. peez

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

mine arrived this morning, from the same seller, i shall sum it up briefly for you.

the raw liquid is not conductive, LCR tester on continutity test does not complete circuit. hardly bodes well.

it may be silver but the suspension liquid is made with Linseed oil, nothing else smells like linseed oil....maybe if they made it up to a paste it might be better, at this concentration...pffff

great for building bike wheels and putting on the spoke nipples to stop them binding, but this is bugger all use for enhancing your hifi.

i cleaned all my plugs first and then had a listen, noticed the usual just clean hint of freshness.

added the silver stuff and re-assembled, zip nada nothing.

So if anyone wants the remaining 99.9999%, shout and it's yours, 1st £1 for postage wins the prize.

no doubt i will be kicking myself for this in several days time, when as per the manufacturers claims it settles in... yeh right its either conductive or it isn't , end of.

i'll be making someup myself from micronized silver and electrically conductive binder should anyone fancy trying.

sq225917, Aug 4, 2007
  8. peez

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

had word back from the supplier and he says it's not linseed based. as i'm not intending on wiping it off we shall see what happens.

he did however offer me a credit against any other item purchase if i wasn't happy, which is obviously great service and nice to see he stands behind his product and customer satisfaction.

I should point out, allmy RCA plugs are silver, as are all my RCA sockets and power plugs and sockets, so maybe i was expecting miracles.

offer still stands, i'd love to see someone get benefit from this.

sq225917, Aug 5, 2007
  9. peez

SteveParsons

If its still available I'll give it a go for £1. I've been meaning to try something like this for sometime so I'm willing to be blinded by science (or bull).

Cheers,

Steve

SteveParsons, Aug 6, 2007
  10. peez

rollo

Be very carefull with this stuff. It can run when heated. Use a very small amount. Have been hearing a few horror stories regarding migration of the grease that has caused some big problems. Just be carefull. Does it work. Yes, however you may not like the results. Give it a tryand see.

rollo

rollo, Nov 10, 2007
  11. peez

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

its not grease like the walker stuff....

infact its more like shit, jsut plain old doesn't work absolute shit

sq225917, Nov 10, 2007
Ask a Question