[Review] Tagmclaren AV32 'Dual Processor'

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mark67, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Mark67

Mark67

Tagmclaren AV32 'Dual Processor'

I thought I would contribute to the reviews section with a review on the Tagmclaren AV32 'Dual Processor'.

I have had it just over a week now and so far I cannot fault it.

With Music
    Had a rummage through my CD's looking for some that I been listening to recently. From the first note the Tag was very open sounding, wide open in fact. From the Beatles to Erasure to Queen all sound like never before. Bass, Treble and Midrange it all there in spades. I haven't had ago with the TMREQ yet.
    I have always liked to listen to my music in 2 channels, but the Party Mode could change all that.
    Simply fabulous just about sums it up.

I had the AV32 SP with the 192 Dacs previous to the AV32 DP and as good as it was it isn't a patch on the 'Dual Processor'.

With Movies
    I haven't got a massive DVD collection so I am a bit limited in what I could test it with.

Terminator 2 5.1/DTS All The Usual Test Scenes came out first, I had seen this a few times with the AV32 SP and it was good, very good. On the 'Dual Processor it is magical, truly magical. The Surround effects are detailed, full of body and crystal clear. As are the voices from the Centre and Fronts. The Bass is bone crunching, fast and has a feeling of authority. WOW.

Next I put Blade 2 on 5.1 EX – The House Of Pain Scene, holy shit, I don't really know what to say, and it was unbelievably brilliant.

Cannot wait to set up the TMREQ.

I guess costing £3500 for the 'Dual Processor' it should be excellent and it is without a doubt. The improvement over the single processor is night and day.

I have got to say of all the upgrades I have made over the years the 'Dual Processor' is the one that has given me biggest improvement in sound quality.

I always got the feeling Tag wasn't that popular on this Forum, but I can assure you Tag is alive and making some fabulous HIFI.

If you've got the cash buy with confidence.

(Maybe I should get a job as a PR for Tag) :eek: .

Mark67, Aug 2, 2004
Ask a Question