[Review] The SB+

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mr_Sukebe, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Mr_Sukebe

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Can you explain a little MOre what you're saying. I've a PSP, and have for a long time been considering an SB. What exactly would the PSP be used for and how?

MO!, Apr 16, 2007
  2. Mr_Sukebe

Stuart

Mo,

You can set the PSP up as a remote for the SB. Using its wireless capability, you can interact with the slimserver software to select albums, search songs, browse artwork etc. I've been meaning to borrow my brother's PSP to try this out.

Stuart.

Stuart, Apr 17, 2007
  3. Mr_Sukebe

Jampot

Hopefully this will give an insight -

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20733

The PSP isn't as convenient as the Nokia tablets as it doesn't have a touch screen, but the Nokia (IIRC) is more expensive than a Squeezebox!

Other handheld devices can also be used....

The secret is probably knowing your way round the Slimserver software, and of course there is quite a lot of work nvolved in capturing the album artwork in the first place.

I have to confess that I am quite happy with the standard squeezebox remote but also sometimes use the PC interface if I am at the PC anyway.

Jampot, Apr 17, 2007
Ask a Question