Richersounds on ebay

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Bob McC, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Bob McC

Bob McC living the life of Riley

I notice Richersounds are now using ebay to clear their kit.

Bob

Bob McC, Apr 26, 2004
  2. Bob McC

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Yeah must have been unbanned now then. Apparantly there were banned for a week due to some how making fake bid history.

amazingtrade, Apr 26, 2004
  3. Bob McC

muffinman

a whole week!!!!!

jeez, e-bay really do stick it to sellers who break their rules

muffinman, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Bob McC

greg Its a G thing

Just imagine how tetchy they must have got by day six. They must feel pretty sorry!:eek:

greg, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Bob McC

muffinman

on the subject of false bid history on ebay:

i was in an auction for a pink floyd box set recently and fell foul of a trumped up bid scam. it is hard to tell wether you are going to lose the item to a genuine bidder if they have (O) feedback, they may genuinely be first time users, afetr all everyone has to start somewhere. my experience at that auction, and indeed since, is that i have seen many 'no reserve' auctions prices being bumped up by (0) feedback bidders. these zero feedback bidders can be set up by the seller from a remote computer / internet cafe and possibly(?) a hotmail account. take it from me, ebay could not give a rats ass about chasing non payers through the courts and will eventually refund your lost listing and final value fees. you are after all their source of future income. it is therefore economically viable for sellers to bump their prices up using false bids which negates the need for the costly 'reserve price' fee. my personal advice is this. if you are after an item at a bargain price that suddenly gets bid on (usually close to auction end or just after a speculative bid) by a zero feedback bidder, wait for another auction. i would only bid again if i was absolutely certain i wanted the product at that price.

muffinman, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Bob McC

Sauerkraut Do I or Don't I? I did!!!

Interesting point there muffinman.
    I have been folowing a sale of a trader called
    clear_the_house
    He is selling 1 pair of B&W CDM1nt's + stands, 1 pair of CDM SNT's and a CDM CNt. Also 2 Arcam FMJ amps and a plasma. The reason I noticed them is because the CDMCNT is at £380 (this cost £400 new!!!) and the 1NT's and CNT's are both at £560 (the going price is £430ish without stands,).

On closer inspection a so called new member (registered 23-apr-2004) called hello_moto1978 has bid on all 5 of these auctions up to their current prices. Looks very dodgy to me.

I just used a little tool to check what else he is bidding on and the only other auction is a Saab convertible.

And suprise suprise who is the seller? Yes you guessed it clear_the_house. Looks like shill bidding to me.
    The poor bugger buying the Speakers!
    Think I'm going to report this!

Sauerkraut, Apr 27, 2004
  7. Bob McC

Sauerkraut Do I or Don't I? I did!!!

Call me a snitch, but I've reported it. I would hate for this to happen to me. It clearly is fraud and poor smithnb1 who is bidding on all the speakers is clearly being screwed.

If only he looked around he could complete his set for a fraction of his current bid price. Maybe I should mail him!

Sauerkraut, Apr 27, 2004
  8. Bob McC

muffinman

do so.
    f*ck the seller. ebay wont do much about it!
    i thought i was right about this. thanks for verifying

muffinman, Apr 27, 2004
  9. Bob McC

muffinman

or direct him to this thread. that is indirect action and he can make his own mind up. probably better

muffinman, Apr 27, 2004
Ask a Question