Right of reply

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Richard Dunn, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

Nah, you are in no position to issue ultimatums.

RobHolt, Nov 7, 2010
  2. Richard Dunn

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

I read it on your pathetic HiFi Egotist blog site before you deleted it as it didn't fit in with your absurdly revisionist account of how you got caught red-handed trolling / plugging / self-promoting on pfm. I have it saved as a screen dump just in case I need it. I also have the libel about myself and my business saved.

Tony.

TonyL, Nov 7, 2010
  3. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Goody goody, can you send me a copy so I can join in the fun.

I phoned to offer you Salty's phone number so you could speak to him and confirm he is a real person, you refused, blustered a bit about a post at Subjectivist and Rob being finished with me and then put the phone down.

For the veiled threat you really should look into the concept of fair comment.

Richard Dunn, Nov 7, 2010
  4. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

No ultimatum, an offer to get out of your hair. I am truly fascinated by this post that is all, post it anywhere you like, publish it in the Times, whatever, then I might know what you are going on about.

5. Richard Dunn

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Whether this is a real person or not is irrelevant. The fact is you logged into pfm from your computer using this account yesterday. You have also done this several times before. The most amusing thing, other than your ever-changing explanation here, is that you often don't even change your posting style. Here is a link to the surviving posts from this user account, most originating from your IP address and your physical computer. I ask that people look at the posting style and also assess for themselves whether a post was made to defend NVA, bounce a dying NVA thread, or drop a link to your HiFi Egotist site (these are now removed as I refuse to publicise or promote vindictive internet warrior style sites on pfm). As Rob points out in the post you deleted from your site: if this guy actually had a legitimate question about NVA why not ask his friend, the designer and company owner, who had to be in the very same building at the time?

Here is Rob's post that you deleted from your site:

Tony.

PS never ever phone me again.

PPS my apologies to all - I know I should not rise to attacks from this type of internet warrior. The old adage of 'do not feed the energy monster' is very sound advice and I would usually go far out of my way to heed it, but it is incredibly hard not to react when some petty minded and vindictive individual is following you across the internet trying to stain your good name and business integrity.

TonyL, Nov 7, 2010
  6. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn

Seeing as I am not allowed to reply there as the thread is closed and as the request for the post is here I will reply here. Yes he has posted from my house and he has posted from his own computer, and yes I have prompted him to do it occasionally when he is here, but I don't have his log in. Yesterday it was his decision to post, all I said to his question is find out yourself it could be fun.

I teach in classes and some of my senior students have private sessions, he is here on average once a fortnight and he only went on forums because he saw me on them and has already been accused of being me once before which really pissed him off. Style well I don't know, perhaps I have too much influence.

I offered his phone number which he allowed reluctantly, but having seen the way the thread has gone he says forget it and I doubt you will see him again.

I have never asked him to spam nva and as far as I know he never has, but I have no access to search the archive at PFM not being a member so I haven't a clue what those posts are. He is an electrical engineer on the supply side so I know he talked about that.

I have in the past signed up to both PFM and WW as a fictitious member, but only to read and have access to files and search for things not available to non members. I don't have any at the moment on either forum as I get a conscience occasionally and bin them. A couple of times on wigwam I have been so cross about something I sacrificed them to make a post and always announced it was me.

Anyway that is my fess up, so take it or leave it.

7. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

Richard Dunn is now banned.

There are several reason, and a glimpse at this thread will reveal the primary reason.
    Bluntly, the rudeness, questioning of member integrity and attacks on particularly trade members is not acceptable on this forum.

In addition - from our AUP:

We believe Mr Dunn has posted to this forum using two accounts from the same computer in the last 24 hours.

In addition - from our AUP:

Mr Dunn's recent comments on his Hi-Fi Subjectivist blog are wholly incompatible with harmonious forum relations.

Under our banned used clause in the AUP, no further discussion about or mention of Richard Dunn in permitted, though discussion of NVA products is allowed.

RobHolt, Nov 8, 2010
Ask a Question